Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger Search help in Structure field within POV

0 Kudos

Hi all,

is it possible to trigger the search help that attached in a structure within the process on value request event handler? The background is that we had a process on value-request module which provide a specific F4 help. Now we have a new search help to the structure field and already covers the specific F4 help. But we are not allowed to delete the POV module. So we want to EXIT within the POV module. But the search help in the structure won't be taken effect any more. Is there any tricks?

thank you and best regards,

Wenwen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

0 Kudos

I found the solution. For people who doesn't know it neither like me.

CALL FUNCTION 'F4IF_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST'

CALL FUNCTION 'SET_DYNP_VALUE'

7 REPLIES 7

karun_prabhu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Wenmen.

May I know why you can't delete your POV module?

Else Comment the module so that standard F4 help will be displayed.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

thanks for your reply. Because the POV module should still be executed if our new function is not activated. Therefore we can't delete or comment the module.

thanks and best regards,

Wenwen

0 Kudos

Wenwen, I can't understand exactly what you mean by inactive new function.

If I understood correctly, you had written a POV module for a field.

Then you replaced your module with a new search help.

I assumed it is a standard help feature which you had extended that covers your old module.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi Prabhu,

I don't really want to replace the module. I want to under condition either use the POV or use tablefield search help. Because some reason, we have this requirement. But I think it is not possible.The framework/mechanis at first check the POV, as long as the POV is executed, the framework thinks that the POV F4 should take effect. I just wanted to see if there is trick that I can explict "call" the attached search help in table field. But i think it is just a wrong way.

But thanks for your reply.

best regards,

Wenwen

0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

thanks for your reply. I knew the hierarchy and now because of some reason we want to check the POV at first and,  within the POV we want to call the attached search help. But maybe it is just wrong. It is not possible because it is against the framework.

best regards,

Wenwen

0 Kudos

I found the solution. For people who doesn't know it neither like me.

CALL FUNCTION 'F4IF_FIELD_VALUE_REQUEST'

CALL FUNCTION 'SET_DYNP_VALUE'