Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set breakpoint in AMDP source, AMDP debugger not working

0 Kudos

Hi,

working in ADT in Eclipse [Version: 2021-12 (4.22.0), ADT 3.24.0], backend ABAP Platform 2021, I cannot set a breakpoint inside an AMDP method, something that I have successfully done in earlier releases. No error message, just no reaction/effect, so there is no meaningful screenshot that I can attach to demonstrate the breakpoint not being set by the tool. Likewise, when walking through the code in the ABAP debugger and then stepping into the AMDP method (F5), I get to the start of the method (METHOD statement itself, not first actual body statement). Then advancing with F5 or F6 does not stop anywhere in the AMDP code, next stop is the ENDMETHOD statement. See attached screenshots:
begin-amdp-method.png and end-amdp-method.png

ADT Debug properties: nothing that points to AMDP disabled, I even tried the "expensive" setting
AMDP debugger-Compile in Debug Mode: All called procedures
but that has no influence.

Any ideas what could be wrong here?

Thanks and kind regards,

Christian

2 REPLIES 2

Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Christian,

I assume ADT "does not understand" that your AMDP method is actually AMDP. I guess that other AMDP methods are working as expected? If this is the case, could you share the code of the AMDP method that does not accept the breakpoint creation? Please share only uncritical information publicly. If you cannot share the code here then you can also create a support ticket on support component BC-DWB-AIE-TST.

Best regards,
Armin

PS: Probably you deactivated the error messages on failed breakpoint creation. To reactivate it you can select the menu Preferences -> ABAP Development -> Debug -> Activate checkbox "Show message if breakpoint cannot be set". But to be honest the message will probably not provide a lot of details. It will probably be something like "Breakpoint cannot be created at this line".

PS: It is normal behavior that you cannot step from ABAP into AMDP via F5. It's two different debuggers for two different runtime environments (ABAP runtime and SQL Script runtime). To debug AMDP you always need an AMDP breakpoint beforehand.

david_tuohy2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian - I have similar issue, just wondering if you found a solution?

thanks,

David