Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User name in different languages in table ADRP

AndrewT_UA
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

I have a requirement to store SAP user name in several languages. And as far as I have noticed SAP can do this, because in table ADRP there's a field NATION, which is a key field. My problem is that I can't find a standard way to enter user name translation into SAP. Neither I see this possibility in transaction SU1, nor in SU01 etc.

Can someone advise standard transaction or report to manage SAP user name translations?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Andrew.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

As per my knowledge SAP doesn't provide you this option to translate the User names. You may need to look at custom options.

Regards,

Raghu

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

User name changes with language?

0 Kudos

Dear Chinmay,

thank you. You understood correctly. More precisely, user name has to be printed on the form depending on the logon language. Therefore it has to be stored in several languages.

Best regards,

Andrew.

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Instead of storing it in several languages in a table, my recommendation would be to have an additional code in the program which determines the user login language. Refer the thread http://scn.sap.com/thread/692372 that explains a similar requirement.

The advantage with this approach is, you can still use the standard USR02 table to find out the user ID (no seperate table needs to be created). Also, this will supress the requirement to manually replicate the user IDs.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

thank you for your input. I will check this discussion.

Best regards,

Andrew.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

As per my knowledge SAP doesn't provide you this option to translate the User names. You may need to look at custom options.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

thank you. I will think about custom approach then.

Best regards,

Andrew