Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variable select option

André2602
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello everyone, I would like to set up a variable selection screen in conjunction with a customizing table. There I have the respective fields and tables in separate columns. Is there a way that a select option variable can be created using this consultation and I can use the table to determine how many fields are then available?

Example table:
Field     Table 

ERDAT   VBAK 

Select Option would be 

ERDAT FOR vbak-erdat 

3 REPLIES 3

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, please clarify, I don't understand at all. Even with the example. What do you want to achieve?

0 Kudos

Hi, we are on a s/4 system and we want to expand a selection screen in an enhancement for va05, but not hard rather dynamically, so that the customer enters the fields in a table, as I mentioned, and the select option is then built dynamically.

Table is like this: 

Andr2602_0-1707378778291.png

For line one I would expect:

SELECT-OPTIONSerzet    FOR vbak-erzet

0 Kudos

What you want to achieve is called "dynamic selection screen". You can only use the function modules FREE_SELECTIONS_INIT and FREE_SELECTIONS_DIALOG, i.e. one button in the selection-screen which runs the FM, which display a kind of selection screen with a dynamic list of fields. There are lots of examples in the Web, and there's the inline documentation of these FMs.