Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice encryption

ArthurParisius
Contributor
0 Kudos

I created an ABAP Webservice using SPROXY for which I needed to add a custom SOAP Header. All this appears to working as I want to, so no issues there.

The issue is that when I call the webservice itself it apparently encrypts the request, how or where I don't know. The problem is that on the receiving end they don't want it encrypted.

Can anybody direct me in the right direction on how I can prevent the webservice encrypting the request?

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

geferson_hess
Participant
0 Kudos

Is the webservice message or the channel being encrypted?

I'm wondering whether you configured it to use HTTPS or not. If yes, you can use HTTP (not recommended) and the message shouldn't be encrypted.

Regards,
Geferson

0 Kudos

The end-point is indeed an HTTPS.

I'm new to the use of using webservices, so I might some obvious issues.

If as you say it's the fact that HTTPS is used, does this mean that I would just need to change the endpoint in SOAMANAGER to HTTP instead?

Also another point is that when testing the webservice in SOAPUI, I don't have the same issue.

Regards,

Arthur

0 Kudos

Check your system configuration using Tcode SMICM , you can see are they configure HTTP or HTTPS.

Other thing is When designing Web services, you can specify the minimum security settings for the appropriate Web service.

More information

ArthurParisius
Contributor
0 Kudos

Another piece of information is that I am able to use the webservice in SOAPUI without issues.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The analysis "apparently encrypts" is vague. They should send you the request that they receive, the error message they get, etc., so that you can think a little bit more about what the issue can be...

ArthurParisius
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have asked them to provide me with the request they receive and am still waiting on that. I posted this question to possibly find some options.