Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why SE38 / SE37 Type-Ahead does not work when logged on with language NL

BMEIJS
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The Problem

During and after an upgrade to ECC 740 SP7 (on HANA), we found that when logged on in the English language, the type-ahead functionality in SE38 and SE37 works perfectly. However, when logged on in Dutch (which is the standard Logon language for this particular company we upgraded), the type-ahead function doesn't work.

Logged on in English

Logged on in Dutch

Analysis of the problem

I checked the search help that has been assigned to the SE38 and found that the problem lies in the definition of the Search Help.

Search Help uses SY-LANGU als default language.

The View is based on a CDS-view

The CDS-view has defined that only language E and D are supported.

(In creating the picture below, I mixed up the CDS view for SE38 and view selection conditions for SE37, but they are basically the same)

Solution

I was doubting if I should report this as an issue at SAP via OSS. For the time being, the only solution is to log on in E or D, or modify the CDS-view.

2 REPLIES 2

berkin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

the solution is SAP Note 2327686 (description in German for the time being, no English) however as far as I understand requires SAP_BASIS 750 and impossible to port it back to 740 unfortunately.

Berkin

ziolkowskib
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Being perfectly honest that "feature" of SAP drives me crazy hence I personally would not mind if it did not work If anyone feels the same there below you can find SAP Note explaining how to disable Type-Ahead:

https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0001971775