Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XPRA program

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For a specific Z_table, which has recording switched on in its table maintenance, we require that the maintainers of the data in that table (in development - it's then transported through to Q, then P), add an R3TR XPRA Zprogram entry to the transport. That works nicely, through the userexit for checking requests.

The Zprogram sets to zero one of the fields for all records in the Z_table.

When I run the Zprogram manually in our Q or P system, it works perfectly. But when I rely on the XPRA to run the program after importing table entries, there seems to be no effect. I've checked the transport logs, and they show that the XPRA Zprogram really has run. Yet the fields remain non-zero.

My Zprogram is:

update Z_TABLE set this_field = 0 where key_field ne ''.
commit work.

matt

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Instead of writting literals ... try writting ,

update Z_TABLE transporting wa_var-this_field.....

I have not seen XPRA in detail, but hope this works.

Regds,

Gaurav

Edited by: Gaurav P Fadnis on Mar 12, 2008 2:23 PM

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gustav

Thanks for the response, but as I stated, the program works when I run it from SE38 in the target system. Re: XPRA: if you put an R3TR XPRA Zprogram entry into a transport, then when the transport is imported, at the end of the transport processing the program runs.

The problem I have is that the log says the program has run - but the records in the table are not updated as I would have expected.

Regards

matt

matt
Active Contributor

Solved - the XPRA runs in client 000 - so records in client 010 won't be updated!

0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

I am facing a similar problem. I have a scenario in which I have to transport data from one system to another, and also have to perform database operations in the Target system. So for that I have attached a report to the transport request. Transport works Ok for me and the transport log also shows the report was triggered but the operations performed in the report are not executed.

Can 'XPRA' be the reason for, since it works on a particular client and in my report I perform database operations without specifying the client.

How did you solve your problem?

0 Kudos

Try using FROM table CLIENT SPECIFIED in your XPRA program.

Regards,

Raymond