Blogs about SAP Websites
Stay up to date on essential SAP websites with the latest offerings and news about SAP for Me, SAP Help Portal, SAP Support Portal, and other properties.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
**Update on June 23, 2023**

Starting June 29, 2023, the SAP ONE Support Launchpad will redirect you to SAP for Me without further prompts. Find more information in My Support

SAP strives to provide a more harmonized and integrated support experience that is simple to use and available for all SAP solutions. As a major step in this direction, the SAP ONE Support Launchpad is migrating to SAP for Me as your central entry point for SAP support, alerts, metrics, and insights into your SAP product portfolio.

• Starting April 22, 2023, when accessing the SAP ONE Support Launchpad, you receive a pop-up redirecting you to SAP for Me:

• You will have the option to stay in the launchpad in case needed until the deprecation date, if you click on ‘Continue with the SAP ONE Support Launchpad for now’.

• Important note: If you choose ‘Make SAP for Me my new entry point’, your choice will be remembered and the next time you try to open the SAP ONE Support Launchpad homepage or a bookmarked application, SAP for Me will automatically start for you. You can go back to the SAP ONE Support Launchpad from SAP for Me by clicking on your ‘User Profile’

• Starting June 29, 2023, SAP for Me will be the central entry point, and the SAP ONE Support Launchpad homepage will be deprecated. If you try to open the launchpad homepage or any bookmark, you will be automatically redirected to SAP for Me without further prompts. Redirects will bring you to the respective place in SAP for Me. In case you’d like to see an overview, review Where can launchpad tiles be found in SAP for Me?

After signing into SAP for Me with your SAP S-user ID or your SAP Universal ID and accepting the terms of use, you can:

• perform your support-related tasks e.g., submitting a case or chatting with an expert leveraging the new step-by-step guided 'Get Support' application.

• view personalized content for your product portfolio including a holistic overview of your licenses, orders, consumption status, and perform other self-services, e.g., cloud system provisioning - all in your preferred language.

If you have any questions or concerns during the transition, we have several resources to support you including:

SAP for Me is made for you – explore me.sap.com/home today!

Connect blogs:
32 Comments
Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Thanks for heads up and info!!!
MarkAnderson
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Great blog, super easy to read and understand. Thank you!
Very good information, thank you.
I look forward to more information on your Blog in the future.
Is there any voting that the SAP Launchpad should be keeped? From my point of view "SAP for me" has no real benefit except for the slow loading times and the unwanted automatic translation.
Great blog, Amanda! Thank you so much!
ramabala31
Explorer
Thanks Amanda for Heads Up.

R Balakrishnan
mbosch
Explorer
0 Kudos
I fully agree with this comment.
0 Kudos
Hello,

unfortunately I missed the Webcast today 2023/04/19 in German version. Is it possible to get the recording?

Thanks and kind regards, Claudia
former_member488685
Discoverer
Thanks Amanda! for providing the info ahead!
former_member488751
Discoverer
Thanks for your interests Claudia. Here is the recording for you:

Einführung von SAP for Me, Ihrem neuen Kundenportal (ondemand.com)

Kind Regards, Amanda
0 Kudos
Thanks a lot Amanda!
alejandroandr
Discoverer
Hello Amanda.

How users should request the extension of the S-user ID expiration date in SAP for Me once everything is migrated to SAP for Me and old Launchpad will be deactivated?

Regards.
Alejandro.

amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Alejandro,

The administrator for your customer number should be able to extend the expiration date of your S-user ID. This concept is the same in both SAP for Me and SAP ONE Support Launchpad.

The administrator can manage that in SAP for Me- Users & Contacts dashboard- 'Manage Users and Authorizations' card.

If you don't know who is the administrator of your customer number, you can check in SAP for Me > My Important Contacts or contact our Customer Interaction Center colleagues wo help you check. (Note 560499 https://me.sap.com/notes/560499)

Kind Regards,

Amanda
alejandroandr
Discoverer
Thank you, Amanda.

I know that the administrator can extend the expiration date. The problem is that the users cannot request this extension. With the old Launchpad, the user was able to request the extension, and then the administrator receive a notification to extend the expiration date of only the users who requested it.

This summit the request form is now missing in SAP for Me and the users doesn't know how to request the extension.

And the administrator doesn't know if that user is still needed or no because he does not have any task pending in the "Action required" tab of the user management.

Regards.

Alejandro.

amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Alejandro,

Thanks so much for the detailed information and with screenshots that's very useful!

You're right on this point. I have feedback this to the team and we have colleagues working/analyzing on it. I will let you know for further updates.

Kind Regards,

Amanda
christoph_herrmann5
Discoverer
I'm sorry, but this is a nightmare (apart from the addition of even more bloated loading times).

I accidentally clicked on this "make this the new endpoint" and now I'm stuck without access to tickets or any other functions.

1. Launchpad forwards me to me.sap.com, which doesn't accept my authentication without a new two factor popup. However, the second 2factor popup gives me a

"Identity Provider could not process the authentication request received. Delete your browser cache and stored cookies, and restart your browser. If you still experience issues after doing this, please contact your administrator."

2. If I log in me.sap.com and go to launchpad, I get the same in reverse

On top of that, all my requests to me.sap.com/home time out with a clever message

"Yikes! Looks like our server is trying to avoid its responsibilities."

So now I cannot go to launchpad (automatically forwards me to me.sap.com with the messages above) and I cannot use me.sap.com

Is this some sort of Alpha software that you are testing on unsuspecting users? People need to work and access your portals for business critical functions. Please do these experiments with dedicated testers!
florian1234
Discoverer
Hi Amanda,

honestly, SAP for me is the worst  user interface update i've ever experienced.

SAP Launchpad was great for finding the relevant apps and now everything is hidden under different categories i have to click through every time i try to use a specific app. This is not intuitive at all!

Not even one of my colleagues and customers are happy with this new user interface you are claiming it's made for us customers.

Is there any possibility to get back to the "old" sap launchpad which we are used to?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Florian
prateek_bansal
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Amanda,
As Per Prompt message if I open SAP ONE Support Launchpad it should redirect to SAP for ME automatically after 23 May 2023 but for me still prompt is coming and auto redirection is not working to SAP for ME. Is there any new timeline came or what when auto redirection will start for SAP for ME from SAP ONE Support Launchpad?
prateek_bansal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Amanda,
its still not redirected automatically after 23 May 2023 and show me the prompt message as attached.

OzzyG
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hello Christoph,

I am sorry for your initial bad experience. We continuously try hard to improve the customer experience. On May 22 we actually communicated a short outage. Hope, the situation has improved for you in the meantime. If not, please don't hesitate to contact also our Support Center to help you to get access again. Contact Us (sap.com)

Best regards, Ozzy
OzzyG
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Florian,

As already stated we continuously try hard to improve the user experience. There are additional benefits that come with SAP for Me which were not available on the legacy platform. For example, there is a new guided and AI supported case management process (aka incident) or a new updated search of our knowledge database. We also opened up for new user audiences regarding contracts and billing management for example. Capabilities which will help to perform online tasks better in the future.

Btw, you can submit change requests to our Influence project:

We would be happy to incorporate your ideas to make it better.

Thanks and best regards, Ozzy
OzzyG
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Hello Prateek,

On May 23 we started the final transition phase and will keep it just a little longer open. Stay tuned for an update shortly.

Thanks and best regards, Ozzy
OzzyG
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
Please see response to other question.
robertschulte
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Ozzy,

unfortunately i just can confirm what Christoph wrote.

It is terribly slow, has less functionality than support.sap.com before and lots of unclear error messages.

Each note takes ages to load and display.

I have to say: this is not a good showcase for Fiori 3.

Best regards,

Robert

robertschulte
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Christoph,

i totally agree!

After 25 years of dealing with the different SAP portals, this is the worst experience so far.

And what you wrote in your last paragraph: i think that is the downside of all those "agile" approaches and "time to market" optimisations. In the past we called this Bananensoftware...

Best regards,

Robert

Alterman
Participant
0 Kudos
Why does SAP insist on releasing a substandard product?  SAPforME is a replacement worse than original:

- blank screens all over, forcing you to reload/refresh all the time.  Some don't work, try https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/mynotes?tab=Search

- spending hours looking for basic things because SAP wants people to spend time reading and watching irrelevant stuff before dripping relevant information back

- the design is intentionally vague and counterintuitive

- the real estate on the screens is squeezed, limiting the information further

- who in the field said 'oh, this is a good design'?  no one.
Alterman
Participant
Let's be honest: people HATE SAPforME nonsense
Alterman
Participant
0 Kudos
"this is a nightmare"

In many ways besides the one you are describing.
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Mikhail,

Thank you for your feedback!

And thank you for providing the url, I tried and also got a blank screen for it. Just to double check: is it a bookmarked url you used for launchpad that trying to do knowledge search? If so, could you please try this link in SAP for Me: https://me.sap.com/servicessupport/search#?tab=All

There is a 'drag and drop' function in SAP for Me. You can change the places for the cards. This feature has been asked for years in launchpad and now live in SAP for Me.

Space wise, there is a 'collapse sidebar' button. You can gain more space on the screen.

Btw, you can submit change requests to our Influence project:

We would be happy to incorporate your ideas to make it better.

Kind Regards,

Amanda
Alterman
Participant
0 Kudos
"could you please try this link in SAP for Me: https://me.sap.com/servicessupport/search#?tab=All"

Of course the new URL works, that's what we have had to since you cut us off four days ago.  That's not the point.  The point: how hard is it to redirect known old URLs to the new ones instead of blank screens?  Another point that users weren't really listened to.

Yes, we've known about the collapsing sidebar but can we get rid of it and other things?  No.

Dragging and dropping wouldn't be such a requested item if the navigation and information was arranged based on users' input.
amandagong
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Hi Mikhail,

Meanwhile I have reported the link you provided to the team to resolve the redirect problem. Thanks again for providing feedback.

Kind Regards,

Amanda
martin_strobel
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello,

is there any update on this?