Career Corner Blog Posts
Blog posts are a great way for SAP, customers, and partners to share advice, insights into career trends, new opportunities, and personal success stories.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member183349
Active Participant

Life at SAP - Benefit of SAP Careers - Love Your Job 

1.  First thing you should understand SAP is a Career not a Job. ( This word 'Career' itself give a detailed answered).

Career Meaning :  'an occupation undertaken for a significant period of a person's life and with opportunities for progress'.

Cambridge Dictionary:

'The job or series of jobs that you do during your working life, especially if you continue to get better jobs and earn more money'

2. Your Skills both technical and functional plays a vital role in the SAP Job. Of course Communication and process knowledge also important along with domain.

3. Opportunities meet with top level management,business owner and CEO.

4. SAP is Global Career Job. If you have a skill you can work anywhere in the world. But Certification is a tag mark for additional along with domain knowledge.

5. Last but not least age is just a number. It is never too late. SAP is an Professional field. So, age is not a constraint provided one who with an hardcore

knowledge of SAP module. Even though if you have not get a job. you can work as freelancer, mentor , corporate trainer , Advisory Board member and etc.

and then Rest will follows.

All the best.

Thanks,

Vivek

11 Comments
former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you member one who rated this blog @ 4 Stars :smile: .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks and very well said. I have very strong Infrastructure background (over 17 years) and now learning SAP S/4HANA at open.sap.com. Any advice/suggestion to proceed?

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your feedback Mr.Khalid kamran. 

Congrats for learning SAP S/4 HANA at open.sap.com.

But kindly do visit and tell about your education background and other experience.

For your better understanding i had given below link:

Planning Your Journey to SAP S/4HANA

SAP S/4HANA Cookbook: What is SAP S/4HANA

http://news.sap.com/what-is-sap-s4hana-13-questions-answered/

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivak for the prompt reply. I am Masters in Computer Science (2004) and PGD in Applied  IT (1999). Have worked on AS/400 (BPCS) and have some programming RPG 4 back in time from 1997 - 2006. Have good knowledge of business processes. Want to make SAP S/4HANA my next future move and ready to jump anywhere as starter.

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khalid,

Since you are very good in programming. It is very good to learn SAP S/4 HANA it is based on netweaver 7.5.

Learn SAP S/4 HANA with training partner education.

For Job opportunities you should master in excel what ever you do.

Since market is slow booming. you have to wait for new technology scope. But don't lose

patience.

Believe if you can!!

All the best!!

Thanks,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vivek,

I have read your entire blog and I do agree that SAP is not a job but a career or I say an amazing career. It is also correct that SAP is a Global Job and if anyone has skills they not only enjoy the career but will excel in it. Thanks for the great info and keep sharing!

former_member183349
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Marc Leighly for your encouragement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are Welcome :smile:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vivek. I choose IT as it is most progressing job that promise good career for those who dare to dive deep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vivek. It was nice to read your post. I want a suggestion. I am  a diploma in electronics and telecomm. And have 5yrs of working experience of SAP-PM as an end user. Now want to do a certification in SAP-MM. How will it be helpful for my career?

ankurch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Why not for SAP PM??
as you have domain experience in PM module,..