Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP developer - career path

omar_saber
Explorer

Hello everyone,

I just make a decition to be SAP developer in ABAP programming so I want to know from the expert what is the path that I have to take to be a good sap developer, I need something like a plane to take it, thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Eduardo-CE
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the developer center, there´s lots of tutorials:

https://developers.sap.com/

Best of luck.

4 REPLIES 4

xiswanto
Active Participant
0 Kudos

its hard to say which starting point is the best, perhaps you could start by creating an executable program and etc, or find some site which provide beginner tutorial.

Eduardo-CE
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the developer center, there´s lots of tutorials:

https://developers.sap.com/

Best of luck.

Patrice
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Omar,

ABAP code is extremely easy to understand. If you have any coding experience, you'll learn the language with ease. The difficulty is getting to know the SAP systems that actually use this code. And the SAP world is not easily accessible. If you don't follow the standard SAP approved training road (which can be costly) it's harder to get an ABAP job. But it is not impossible as I have seen people learn the language and the system by themselves at home and get a job by contacts. Depending on where you are located, a lot of places have difficulty finding good ABAPers, so if you are good at learning by yourself, it can certainly be achieved.

Know that you don't have to understand everything in the SAP world to be able to work with it. Many companies still have an old ECC system and use very little of the new technologies. So there will be jobs that will require an experienced developer, but other jobs will be fine for someone who is just starting out.

I hope this helps and I wish you good luck in your endeavour!

Patrice Poirier

0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your explenation, I really appreciated it 🙂