Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone from an SAP employee

David_Chaviano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi folks,

I'm currently hosting a session introducing new people to SAP and thought it would be great to have them all look at the career corner!

I studied international business and have been working at SAP since 2013. I'd like to ask this group for tips to newcomers who want to consider SAP as a career.

What are some ways to get past the barriers to entry for the ecosystem? I feel like everyone is looking for previous experience - how do you get your foot in the door?

Shout out to @jmmargo

5 REPLIES 5

iarchos
Explorer

😉

Rhalene
Discoverer

Hi, my name is Rhalene Duarte, I'm from Brazil and work as an Abap Consultant since 2008...a long time ago 🙂

I really enjoy work as a programmer an now I'm learning a little bit SAP PI because I started working with integrations. 
Show that you are confident and committed with the job is the a good way to start. 
I would like to became a PI and a certification will help me a lot.
@jmmargo 

lin_fan_24
Explorer

I think we can try to connect our previous experience in other industries with SAP, and explain how the company can benefit from our perspectives.  For students who do not have experience, we can show our effort and determination with some certificates and personal projects, etc..  @jmmargo 

LuciaMelian
Discoverer

Hi David, 

I'm Lucía, I am an Industrial engineer have an strong background in Logistics area. I started Master's in Logistics Project Management SAP and I hope to find soon an internship to start my consulting career. I think is a good idea receive datails about consulting job and opportunities in Logistic Area.

MinyanL
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, I am a new graduate who is trying to learn other knowledge to enrich my skill set. I believe SAP offers new possibilities for business operation and management, while also emphasizing the importance of data.