Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to switch my career from SAP ABAP to SAP BASIS

uzair_1234
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working at a Mumbai-based firm for the last 13 months as an ABAP consultant. And, now I believe that coding is not my cup of tea and I know it's too late that I came to know this (Sorry). But now I have decided and want to switch from ABAP to BASIS and probably within the same organization.

Please guide me on this on how should I do it.

Warm Regards,

Uzair

5 REPLIES 5

turkaj
Active Participant

Hi Uzair,

My suggestion is these steps you need to take if you want to switch from SAP ABAP to SAP Basis:

1. Acquire knowledge in the basics of SAP Basis.
  2. Acquire knowledge in the administration of SAP systems.
  3. Acquire knowledge in the installation and configuration of SAP systems.
  4. Acquire knowledge in the troubleshooting and maintenance of SAP systems.

There are many resources online that can help you learn these skills. Here are some links to resources that can help you:

1. SAP Learning Hub
  2. SAP Community
  3. SAP Help Portal

The best way to learn is by doing.

Maybe there are onboarding plans in your organization. You have gained technical background in the past 13 months, so the onboarding process will probably be a little easier for you.

And a change is never too late. You haven't wasted any time but have also acquired knowledge in the ABAP area that you will surely need later.

Good luck!

Regards
Jim

0 Kudos

Hi Jim,

Thank you for your valuable advice. Can you tell me if I can switch between them (ABAP to BASIS) and does the bond signed by me with the company will become an obstacle for me?

Warm Regards,

Uzair

turkaj
Active Participant

Hi Uzair,

It is definitely possible to switch from SAP ABAP to SAP BASIS. Many people have made similar career changes and have been successful. However, the specifics of making the switch will depend on your individual circumstances, such as your current skill set, experience, and the opportunities available within your organization.

As for the bond you signed with your company, it’s difficult for me to say without knowing the details of the bond. I would suggest discussing this with your HR department or a manager to understand if there are any restrictions or obligations that could impact your ability to switch roles.

Another piece of advice I would offer is to be transparent with your company about your desire to switch from ABAP to BASIS. If there is a need for BASIS consultants within your organization, you could highlight the advantages of your switch, such as your existing knowledge of the company and its systems, and your willingness to learn and grow in a new role.

Regards
Jim

0 Kudos

Hallo  Good morning, please how do i get a SAP demo app?? i am learning the Interligent Intergration business process. Thanks Love from Germany.

solmanninja
Discoverer

Hi Uzair,

If you still need help I could help you in learning the Fundamentals of SAP BASIS.

Please write to me at : itsubaidkhan8@gmail.com