DevOps and System Administration Discussions
Dive into SAP DevOps and system administration. Join discussions to collaborate on optimizing workflows, share knowledge, and leverage resources effectively.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certfication for BASIS

philip0929
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I work as BASIS administrator and I just want to know what certifications I can take? With cloud technology nowadays like AWS, Azure, Google, etc., I need to upskill myself. I already have the below certifications:

C_HANATEC_17 - SAP HANA 2.0 SPS05

C_SM100_7210 - SAP Solution Manager - Mandatory and Managed System Configuration (7.2 SPS10)

C_TADM55A_75 - System Administration (SAP HANA) with SAP NetWeaver 7.5

There is BTP now and I would like to take certifications related to it. What path should I take?

3 REPLIES 3

WalterPichl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Philip!

My 2-cents worth:

The best source will be the

SAP learning journeys overview:

Learning Journeys - Overview (sap.com)

A good starter might be the learning journey

Basics of SAP BTP Learning Journey: Basics of SAP BTP

Then e.g.

DevOps with SAP BTP Learning Journey: DevOps with SAP BTP

Continuous Integration and Delivery by SAP Learning Journey: Continuous Integration and Delivery by SAP

etc.

Hint: Configure the learning journeys for your role "Administrator".

Have a look at them and you will find also the relevant certification. Not every and each learning journey results in a certification, but every and each certification is part of a learning journey.

First the knowledge you need for your job and then the adequate certification as an evidence...

BR

Walter

Johan_sapbasis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

If you already have those certifications can look at what else interests, you in this list.

https://training.sap.com/certification/validity?keepQueryParams=1&keepRequestMethod=1

Using CER006 subscription is a good method to get and do proctored exams at a recent cost.

Other than maybe focus on a non-sap specific skill that you can use as a Basis consultant i.e. I am doing Python at the moment. To automate a lot of stuff including maintenance activities.

Kind Regards,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hello Johan,

Did you registered for any course to learn python? any specific learning path to get expertise in python scripting?

Regards

Wajid