Devtoberfest Discussions
Join in the conversations with your fellow participants, on anything and everything to do with Devtoberfest!
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

🟑 Petoberfest Day 2023!!!

josh_bentley
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

UPDATE: This Petoberfest Fun Friday event is now officially over - as you may remember (from the description below) we actually wanted to leave this open the entire week, ending Sunday 24 September in whatever timezone you are. So as now that date has officially passed us by, we will now be counting up all the entries.  So many great pictures, thanks to everyone!

Well, it's back!  THE Fun Friday event that so many of you love.  

On the first Friday of Devtoberfest this year, which will be Friday 22 September 2023, we have #Petoberfest ! 

As always, It's a lighthearted way to share your pics of pets. Yes, for those who remember, it was originally  Dogtoberfest, then we expanded to encourage pictures of all pets with Petoberfest,  A lot of you even got creative with plush animals, toys, and lots of other animal friends sharing time with you.  So to earn points in this year's 2023 #Devtoberfest, here's what you have to do:

Step 1: Take a picture of your pet in a work, coding, or general office setting (and with work from home, and mobile devices, this is a very very relaxed rule).  

Step 2: Post that picture here as a comment in this discussion post, or, if you've already posted it elsewhere, on social media or similar, share the link to that item here in the comments.

Be as creative or relaxed as you would like and have #fun , As for me, there happens to be two felines that cohabitate with me.  This is cricket expressing her usual sentiment toward me (or maybe how she feels about the CLI...):

Cricket hates the CLICricket hates the CLI

Note: We don't want to restrict you to just posting your pics here on this first Friday - you have the entire first Week 1 of Devtoberfest to post (which runs from Monday 18th of September through Sunday 24th of September). If you post outside of this period, your entry may not be credited with points in the gameboard. (Here is a link to my gameboard https://devrel-tools-prod-scn-badges-srv.cfapps.eu10.hana.ondemand.com/devtoberfestContest/josh.bentley To see your gameboard, just change josh.bentley to your SAP community ID

That's it!  Happy #petoberfest 

148 REPLIES 148

scheinem
Explorer

Hi,

my co-worker is more of the type "code quality guard dog" and it looks like she is surprised by how good (hopefully got, not bad πŸ˜‰ ) the coding she has seen is. πŸ˜… 

IMG_0784.jpeg

Patrick_vN
Active Contributor

Nala.jpg

Monday mornings, harder for some than others

seVladimirs
Active Contributor

Allow me to introduce you to my lovely colleague - Orion. 🐢

seVladimirs_0-1695023247796.jpeg

link to twitter post - https://x.com/seVladimirs/status/1703678576971628722?s=20

ipravir
Active Contributor

Cattie.jpg

Monday morning ..hard to handle it...

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

No live pets for me πŸ™‚ 

Just these bears - the middle one is an SAP bear from SAP TechEd Las Vegas a few years ago:

Office matesOffice mates

Does the one in the middle have "Data Chef" at the back, @TammyPowlas?

xedaniel
Explorer

Image.jpeg

Showed them my balcony(my occasional office πŸ˜‰

jainmohit2601
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Jimmy.jpeg

Jimmy along with me waiting for the next session to learn about ABAP Cloud with RAP and Fiori 🀩

#Petoberfest #Devtoberfest #Fun 

jainmohit2601
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Bartho
Participant

IMG_0120.JPG

#Fun

doing some work

VladiE
Participant

creciapaola_ab
Explorer

Pucca Maru substitutes for me when I go on vacation jejeje. 

1695041661920.jpg

arief_nkn
Explorer

arief_nkn_0-1695042633767.png

Kimchi's a bit grumpy this morning πŸ˜Ύ

Marian_Zeis
Active Contributor

MTerrazas
Explorer

La choca and her thoughts...😺😹

Imagen de WhatsApp 2023-09-18 a las 10.11.11.jpg

#Devtoberfest #Petoberfest #Fun 

thomasks
Participant

fem
Explorer

petoberfest.jpg

#LoveLearning @#devtoberfest

#DarkThemedWorkspace

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

IMG_1134.jpg

Watching me watching you

roc_ag
Explorer

Hi there,

I do not have any kind of animal but wish this one exists. hahaha Is like having HA or MAZ because one is always awake.

be1c24fd15d3551dcd17167a71284b61.png

I regularly think about that show. Thank you for the picture. It brought back a lot of memories of watching that when I was younger. 

SMaaLL
Participant

Hello all,

We are closely watching the session with πŸŽπŸ”₯

photo_2023-09-19_12-08-23.jpg

jainmohit2601
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

IMG_4050.jpeg

Jimmy waiting for the team members to tell them how excited he is about Devtoberfest πŸ“£πŸ˜‰

Day 2 #Petoberfest #Devtoberfest #Fun 

SyambabuAllu
Contributor

Petoberfest.jpeg

qmacro
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

I don't have a pet, but I have fond memories of the PET computer that sat in the corner of the chemistry lab at school in the late 1970's. It didn't get that much attention, as us young nerds were far more enamoured with the multi-user PDP-11 minicomputer we also had, with VDUs and paper terminals (read more about this whole setup in Computer Unit 1979).

qmacro_0-1695130342215.jpeg

Image courtesy of Wikipedia.

johna69
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

The universe works in strange ways (or data was trawled from my Pet, post and suggested PET). I was looking at PET projects on reddit last night and the creative uses people have for them. I just repaired my C64 and wondering what I should do with it next....

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

@qmacro Have you noticed an easter egg that @josh_bentley posted in the description?? πŸ€ͺ

josh_bentley
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Power it on!

aancos_id2
Participant

Kira ready to get new gifts!

Kira Devtoberfest 2023.jpg

nicolas_bopp
Explorer

0 Kudos

Very nice!

rammel_sapdev
Explorer

I am in a long distance relationship with my pet, can I post a photo of my plush toys instead? πŸ˜

0 Kudos

Yes of course!

noravonthenen
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

Nirojan
Participant

20230831_103059.jpg

 my world πŸ™‚ 

Vern70
Newcomer

20220430_090653.jpg

Upgrade complete. Take the afternoon easy. 

harsh_itaverma
Participant

Hello Everyone, 
Meet Tigger πŸ™‚

VID_20200703_180115 - frame at 0m22s.jpg

This is him every time I get into daily standup calls, otherwise he is not bothered at all πŸ˜› .

#Petoberfest

Vitaliy-R
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate

As our kitten is still not at home, I asked several text-image GenAI models to produce what I would look like with a pet. I must say Adobe did the best job among all I have tried (for free).

PS. And I especially like the one where I am younger πŸ˜‰ 

PPS. For the less successfully generated images, check: https://twitter.com/Sygyzmundovych/status/1704561637011653072

male data analyst in his 40s wearing Vyshyvanka wearing glasses and his kitten.jpg 

Firefly male data analyst in his 40s wearing Vyshyvanka wearing glasses and his kitten UA.jpg

 

jainmohit2601
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

yellow teddy ha 1.png

Jimmy's friend Gogo (GenAI Model) helped Jimmy write notes on Event-Driven Architecture at Devtoberfest.

Day 3 #Petoberfest #Devtoberfest #Fun 

0 Kudos

Love this.