Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member606379
Participant

Business Partner Configuration

Last time, I had posted a blog on How to create a BP and today i would be explaining as to how to configure a BP with example.

URL for how to create a BP - /https://blogs.sap.com/2019/08/06/how-to-create-a-bp-business-partner/

Scenario: Configuration to achieve same Number for BP, CUSTOMER and VENDOR.

Define Account groups for Customer:

Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable > Customer Accounts Master Data > Preparations for Creating Customer Master Data.

Go to New entries

Enter a new Customer group and mention the Account group name.

Save the Configuration.

Define Account groups for Vendor:

Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable > Vendor Accounts > Master Data > Preparations for Creating Vendor Master Data

New entries

Enter a new vendor group and mention the account group name.

Save the configuration.

Create Number Range for Customer and Vendor-

Financial Accounting > Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable > Customer Accounts > Master Data > Create Number Range for Customer Accounts.

Click on Change Intervals

Click on Insert Line [ F6] and define number range then check External.

Save the number range.

Assign Number Range to Customer Account Group.

Save the Configuration.

Similarly create Number Range for Vendor Account and Assign the same to Vendor Account group.

Save the Configuration.

Number Ranges and Grouping for Business Partner

Define Number Ranges.

Click on Change Intervals

Click on Insert Line and define number ranges [It should be Internal]

Save the BP Number Ranges.

Define Grouping and Assign Number Ranges

Click on New Entries and define a grouping then assign the BB number range.

Save the configuration.

Define Number Assignment for direction BP to Customer

SPRO > Cross-Application Components > Master data Synchronization > Customer/Vendor Integration > Business Partner Settings > Setting for Vendor Integration > Field Assignment for Customer Integration > Assign Keys.

Click on New Entries then maintain Grouping, account group and check the Same Number.

[Same Number checkbox determines that when we create a customer master record/ vendor master record as part of Customer/Vendor Integration we use the same number as the business partner number]

Save the configuration.

Similarly define number assignment for direction BP to Vendor.

SPRO > Cross-Application Components > Master data Synchronization > Customer/Vendor Integration > Business Partner Settings > Setting for Vendor Integration > Field Assignment for Vendor Integration > Assign Keys.

Save the configuration.

Business Partner [as an Example]

SAP Business Partner Screening for SAP S/4 HANA is used to centrally manage the master data for business partners, customers, and vendors. With the current development, it is the single point of entry to create, edit and display master data for business partners, customers, and vendors.

Create Business Partner

T-Code: BP

Click on Organization

Select BP role as Business Partner [Gen.] and Choose the new Grouping which we created.

Fill all the mandatory fields. Save the document.

Now, Select the BP role as FLCU00 FI Customer [New] and click on company code.

Enter the Company code number and Reconciliation account number.

Save the document.

Next, Select BP role as FLVN01[New] and Click on Purchasing.

Enter the Purch. Organization and Order currency then click on save.

Here, we achieved the same number for BP, Vendor and Customer for our configuration.

Let me know for any issues, doubts or concerns and i would be happy to help you.

#HappyReading

PS – What am I missing here? Let me know in the comments and I’ll add it in!

14 Comments
0 Kudos
I believe Fiori is the user interface, it is great if you detail the same on Fiori as well.
SrinathVelagala
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Gaurav,

Very insightful and detailed document.

Is the BP configurable on SAP S/4HANA Cloud? If yes, it would be nice if we have the same topic explained with SAP Cloud as the system.

Thanks.

former_member643412
Discoverer
Nice Documentation.
former_member606379
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Srinath.. Thanks for your comment.

As and when i get time, will surely post a blog on BP with SAP Cloud as a system.
former_member521556
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Detailed explanation and presentation.
0 Kudos
Very good document.

Thanks for sharing.
former_member223035
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your detailed explanation about the scenario.

Is any configuration is there to link customer as vendor where the business partners created in different business partner groups  (Business partner numbers are different for customer and vendor).

Regards,

0 Kudos
Hi Gaurav,

Thanks for your detailed explanation.

Question:  is it ok to link existing vendor and customer with different BP codes?  What will be the implication if we link this?

Regards,
former_member747466
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Misri

When create pack specification I cannot find a SHIP-FROM(vendor) value even I use search help...

the vendor number I used long time for Inbound/GR process.

what maintenance let the vendor as a SHIP-FROM I missed , have you any advice ? Is it related to BP set up?

Much appreciate for your help and sorry disturb you!

Thank you
juancarlos_dasilva
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi gaurav0710.

Thanks for sharing, maybe you can help me.

I have a program and a web service to create BP, they also need to create the Withholding Tax in every Company for the Vendor role (Table LFBW).

Do you know any BAPI, User-exit, or BADI to do this?

Thanks again.
former_member788724
Contributor
0 Kudos
Nice blog post.

Keep it up.

thanks.

0 Kudos
Hi,

Is there any way we can create customers on BP automatically?
0 Kudos
Can this field be modified?
dhiraj_90
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi gaurav0710

Your blog helps me a lot. I am trying to create BP for Vendor Master only and not Customer Master. But getting error. For your reference I have attached image.

Steps I have followed.

1- Create Vendor Account group.

2- Number range for Vendor Account Group (Here selected External number range to generate same number for BP & Vendor).

3-Assign Number Range to Vendor Account Group.

4- Define Number Ranges for BP (Selected internal number range).

5- Created BP Grouping and assign number range .

6- Define Number Assignment for Direction BP to Vendor (Mapping of BP Grouping to Vendor account group- Here Same Number box is check).

After this configuration, Whenever I am trying to create BP it show error for BP Role FLVN00 and FLVN01.

Could you please help me on this issue to resolve it.

Image is attached.

Labels in this area