Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coleti
Active Contributor

Overview

Let´s create some situation in this blog post to have a better understanding about the content of this post.

In many businesses that run the SAP ECC system, the company sales and profitability results are analyzed by the CO-PA: Controlling - Profitability Analysis. CO-PA Documents are created during the sales processing until Billing.

I am pretty sure that many business which have this system scenario, don´t use the Sales and Distribution processing only for Profitable Sales. That means, that are some SD(outbound) scenarios which will not affect the company P&L, here we have some sales process that should not impact the company P&L:

• Free Shipping

• Test Consignment with or without Return

• Donations

• Scrapping

and... many others that are not related to the company profitable business.

Usually, the cost of these sales processing are usually absorved/consumed by the company.

Prevention of Update

In a scenario like this one how to prevent the sales document to post CO-PA document ?

A long time ago, the SAP delivers an enhancement for actual data update in CO-PA. You can check OSS note for some SAP Details 397298 - COPA0005: Prevention of update does not work

The COPA0005 - Enhancement for actual data update (CO-PA) will help us to achieve this need.

This enhancement has a component called EXIT_SAPLKEII_001 - User Exit for Processing AC-Document: Line Item Structure:

This EXIT has the following ABAP Code Function Structure:
FUNCTION EXIT_SAPLKEII_001.
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
*"*"Lokale Schnittstelle:
*" IMPORTING
*" VALUE(I_ERKRS) LIKE TKEB-ERKRS
*" VALUE(I_ITEM)
*" EXPORTING
*" VALUE(E_ITEM)
*" VALUE(E_INIT)
*" TABLES
*" T_ACCHD STRUCTURE ACCHD
*" T_ACCIT STRUCTURE ACCIT
*" T_ACCCR STRUCTURE ACCCR
*" T_ACCIT_PA STRUCTURE ACCIT_PA
*" T_ACCCR_PA STRUCTURE ACCCR_PA
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------

INCLUDE ZXKKEU07 .

ENDFUNCTION.

They delivered the E_INIT Exporting parameter in this enhacement function and this indicator when set TRUE will avoid the creation of the CO-PA documents.

Usually the Sales Processes have different document types for each outbound sales or non-sales processing so we set a dynamic code in this enhancement to prevent the CO-PA document creation based on the Sales Document Type.
IF >>> your condition to prevent or not the COPA.
e_init = abap_true. "By setting e_init true, the COPA document will not be created.
else.
e_init = abap_false.
ENDIF.

I think this tip could be helpfull you guys that are working with sales processes that should not impact the profitability analysis of the company.

Best regards,

Gabriel Coleti
Labels in this area