Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudipghosh
Active Contributor

Introduction

After being a part of a couple of SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud Implementation projects one thing I have learned for sure and that is different techniques to keep the core clean. When I say keeping the core clean I literally mean it. In this blog, I am going to share most of the Techniques in a high-level manner, which is nothing but a decision tree that would help you to choose the correct techniques in a different scenario. Will keep it short and crisp 🙂 Most Importantly You need to click on this picture to read the content.

Please feel free to add more techniques in the comment, In the next couple of blogs, I would like to discuss each scenario with an example. There are many scenarios still not covered in this decision tree because of space problems, but most of the cases are covered. And feel free to let me know your feedback on this, I know everyone has a different philosophy when it comes to keeping core clean.  

Regards,

Sudip

18 Comments
saurabh_chikate
Active Participant
Thanks Sudip,

This is exactly what I needed to connect all the dots!

sumit_holey
shwetanargachhe
Active Participant
Very well drafted nice blog. This gives better idea on approach like side by side. Will you please explain SAP event Mesh or Business even driven IDOc how they different?
sudipghosh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you so much for your comment, It was a typo which I have just corrected. What I meant is 'in case of non-availability of standard business events good idea to use standard IDOC to trigger the Integration'.
sudipghosh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you so much 🙂
Devraj
Active Participant
Love the watermark in the image . Very much required. In addtion to code, we also need clearn processes and clean data.
sudipghosh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Absoultely clean process and clean data is much required.
jonathanbelliot2021
Discoverer
This one is fantastic, thanks for sharing!
sudipghosh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you so much for your kind words, I am glad you liked it.
0 Kudos
Nice blog.  Does AIF fits into the clean core strategy in your view?  In Custom integration scenarios, there sometimes a need for sequencing to process the messages in a certain order, target mapping based on data value look up in S4.   This may be achieved by a side by side extension in BTP but AIF already provides this framework and can be achieved much simpler.
Saumitra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Good one sudip.ghosh4 : In due course of time, the developer extensibility based on the 3 system landscape and the S/4HANA Cloud ABAP environment will also make its way to be considered in the great matrix you created in this blogpost. I am sure this will help our ecosystem in their S/4HANA Cloud implementations.

sudipghosh
Active Contributor
Absolutely, embedded steampunk would make sense. But tbh still haven't got yet my hands dirty on S/4HANA Public Cloud Embedded steampunk. In September hopefully will get my hands on it, which will help me to articulate the possibility with that. But definitely, one of the use cases I see right away is making API for data sources where custom CDS view cant help much.
sudipghosh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
AIF absolutely fits in to keep your core clean
Saumitra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
You can request for the Cloud test, demo, and development for SAP S/4HANA Cloud, one-system landscape - https://partneredge.sap.com/en/library/education/partnership/licenses/e_ep_rise_td.html (a partner demo tenant for SAP S/4HANA Cloud) where you can try your hands on with the system.

Thanks,
Saumi
sudipghosh
Active Contributor
Well did SAP release embedded steampunk for customers and partners? Because I have my S/4HANA Public cloud and as well as I am involved in the implementation of public cloud for customers, nowhere I have seen this yet.
Saumitra
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
This is a new development like environment (based on 1 system landscape) dedicated for partners to try their hands on the latest and the greatest innovations in SAP S/4HANA Cloud (Public) like CBC, ABAP environment etc.

This material was just recently made available for our ecosystem

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,
Saumi
Ilda_Freitas
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos
Great Post Sudip. Very clear and easy to follow and it made it seemed less complex than in reality is.
sapnihar
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Nice Blog Sudip. This will be a great help during planning stage of transformation journey.
spillisamuel
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Can you please help me with a detailed decision tree highlighting which approach

(BTP, In -App & Classic) we can go with based on various factors for every RICEFW objects.
Labels in this area