Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
former_member188076
Active Contributor

Business Requirement:

Sometime we need to use one condition table in an Access Sequence, but do not want to make all the fields of the condition table as mandatory fields while maintaining the condition record in VK11, as the Business wants to have some optional fields, which they may maintain or may not maintain.

Prerequisite:

User who knew the basic concept of Price Condition Technique for automatic determination of pricing in sales document.

Example:

Business wants to determine their Price on the basis of Sales Organization / Distribution Channel / Material / Region / Customer

But they do not want the Customer and Region as mandatory fields, since they want to maintain the common price for everyone, however in special cases, they want to give a different price to all the customer of a region, and a special price to one specific customer.

Method:

There are two methods in SAP:

1. We create three condition tables and assign them in one access sequence from Specific to Generic fashion as below:

Access Sequence

Step

Condition Table

Exclusive

Zxyz

Sales Organisation / Distribution Channel / Material / Region / Customer

Sales Organisation / Distribution Channel / Material / Region

Sales Organisation / Distribution Channel / Material

This is the most common method which we use normally.

1. We can create only one Condition Table and keep the fields Region and Customer optional.

Here I will try to explain the second method.

Configuration:

1. Create a Condition Table:

2. Create a new Access Sequence:

While creating the access sequence, maintain the “Atyp” as “A” for the Optional fields, and give a Priority to them.

When Atyp is maintained as “A” system consider these fields as Optional Field while maintaining the Price Master. Similarly when given the priority, system check the priority where ‘01’ is the highest and “99” has the lowest priority.

Now I would like to elaborate further on priority, with below example. Based on the above setting of access sequence, I can maintain master data in VK11 in following manner:

A. Sales Organization / Distribution Channel / Material

B. Sales Organization / Distribution Channel / Material / Region

C. Sales Organization / Distribution Channel / Material / Customer

D. Sales Organization / Distribution Channel / Material / Region / Customer

Now if the master data in VK11 is maintained for all the above  four options considering all the field values are same (like same Sales Org., Dist. Channel., Material, Region, and Customer), then in SD document system will pick the data from Record ‘D’

However, if the master data is maintained for option ‘B’ and ‘C’, then system will pick the value from master data maintained for option ‘B’, since the priority for the field Region is '1' which is higher than the priority maintained for the field Customer.

3. Assign this access sequence to a condition type, then create a Pricing Procedure and determine the same as per the requirement.

4. Test the same by maintaining the price master data in VK11, as below:

System is showing Region and Mandatory field as optional, so you can maintain the record without any region or customer.

However for test purpose I will create two similar master data - one with Region and another with Customer, as below:

As you can see, from above data that I have created two records with two different rates, but the other field values are same. in one case it is customer based and in another it is region based.

Now create a Sales Order, as below, as per the logic, system should pick the rate of 100 INR as the priority of Region was higher than Customer, in Access Sequence.

5. Create Sales Order:

As you can see the system picks the rate of 100 INR, which was maintained at the Region Level, and it has higher priority.

Analysis also shows that system gets both the price but picks 100 INR due to higher priority and neglect the other.

Hope it clarifies this method of creating Price Condition Table and Access Sequence for automatic pricing.

10 Comments
gurunath_reddy3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Excellent article and nicely explained

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Gurunath.

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amitesh,

This is good insight about the access sequence...!

But i have a doubt in this ie:

What if when both the prices are maintained 200 and 100 as per your example, but user wants 100 amount to be come in Sales order becasue it is region wise.

But as we can see in your example cust .no 7 has special prices of 200 inr, but here i want region wise price to be applicable since it is on the lower side.

In this case it will not work.

Correct me if i am wrong.

I am not proving anything wrong in your post, it's absolutely perfect and informative.

Regards,

Parag Pandya

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amitesh,

What if when both the prices are maintained 200 and 100 as per your example, but user wants 100 amount to be come in Sales order becasue it is region wise.

But as we can see in your example cust .no 7 has special prices of 200 inr, but here i want region wise price to be applicable since it is on the lower side.

I am not proving anything wrong in your post, it's absolutely perfect and informative.

Regards,

Parag Pandya

former_member187236
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amitesh,

Regards,

Parag Pandya

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Parag,

Thanks for the query.

In step 2 of my document Create a new Access Sequence, I have mentioned the concept of PRIORITY in access sequence. In my example I have maintained the Region with Priority '1' and Customer with priority '2'. Here 1 is higher and 2 is lower. So when you maintained both the records, system is picking the value from higher priority master data, i.e., Region based price.

If you want to determine customer wise price (in case the price is maintained for both Region-wise and Customer-wise), since Customer is more specific, then in Access Sequence the Priority for Customer should be '1' and region should be '2'.

Hope I am able to clarify your query.

Regards,

Amitesh Anand

former_member185462
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Great on really useful.

0 Kudos
Very insightful post. Thanks for sharing Amitesh!

Best Regards,

Vinod
0 Kudos
Good one Amitesh 🙂
0 Kudos
Dear Amitesh,

Thank for such a good article.

I have one doubt here , in your case you create two condition tables record. In my case of existing condition table can we maintain one field as a optional? and why we give any priority for the optional fields?

Thank You.
Labels in this area