Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hammadulhaq
Explorer
Hello everyone,

This document explains the steps required to configure Version Management for Purchase Order in Materials Management module.

First we will set up Version management for External Purchasing Documents.

Purchasing Document Category will be F

I am using Purchasing Document Type PLRM

Don’t forget to check both  Version Active and Version 0 OK

Also select the Field Selection as maintained below. For Reason we will make it as Required Entry.

Now we will define Reason for Change. It is located in the same area in SPRO

Two reasons have been maintained apart from standard available reasons

Now we will set up change displays

Here I have used the required Purchasing Document Type with table EKET and Field name as EINDT

Which is basically Delivery date in EKET table

Now we create a purchase order, you can see version 0 has been created

After adding the new version, we do a change in the Delivery date

We give the reason as ‘budgetary issues’

Now we select the version and click on display changes

Here you can see the old value of the date delivery date is 29.01.2020 and the new value is 31.01.2020

This can also be done for the management of any changes in order value, quantity and any other important fields depending on the scenario.

If you have any queries please feel free to ask.
7 Comments
sanan123
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Mr. Hammad,

If I am wrong please correct me. The use of Version is just to check the new and old value on PO level?

Thanks,
former_member677038
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Sanan Afridi,

In S/4 HANA it can be used to restart flexible workflow for purchase order or requisition.

Not all field are used in the standard structure.

paragthermo
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Hi Muhammad,

Thanks for sharing this. Very helpful.

I have a question about not to trigger version if a field in PO is changed. Is there a way we can setup SAP not to trigger new version if a particular field (say EINDT) in SAP is changed?
navdeep786
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello alexis67

How version can be used to restart flexible workflow? Could you please elaborate on that?

Also for version to work, your output type should be set as 4 or everytime user need to use ME9F to generate the output first before making the changes in PO and get a new version?

Best Regards,
navdeep786
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello Parag,

If you don't want any field to trigger version, then don't include it in the customization.

SPRO --> MM---> Purchasing  ---> Version Management ---> Set Up Change Displays

Best Regards,
0 Kudos

As per SAP Note 3252885 - Version Management and Flexible Workflow Issues ; Flexible Workflow do not support version management.

Regards,

Rohit

karthik_narayan2
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello,

is it possible to stop version management from triggering based on the value of the field in PO?

Field Deletion indicator - LOEKZ is set to "L" for Deletion and "S" for Block.

is there any way to trigger version management only when LOEKZ set to "L", as same field set for both action deletion and block.

Thanks in advance.
Labels in this area