Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by Members
Gain new perspectives and knowledge about enterprise resource planning in blog posts from community members. Share your own comments and ERP insights today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

Introduction

I have involved in conducting more than 150 interviews for SD and whenever I ask a question “How to restrict a saleable material to one particular customer”, an immediate response from the candidate was “Listing / Exclusion” functionality which is incorrect.  So this blog will explain why Listing / Exclusion functionality will not address this requirement and also how it can be addressed with the standard configuration.  A brief explanation has already been posted by me is here

Listing

I am not going to configuration and master data set up as it has already been discussed many times here.  If you explore this functionality, it doesn’t mean that system will restrict to other buyers.  That particular customer can only buy the listed materials and if you try to enter any other material that is not listed, it will not allow you as shown below:-

Message no. V1118

Exclusion

Similarly, exclusion will also won’t work for the subject question because, you need to maintain master data for all customers in vb01 which is NOT a Best Practice.

So, how to achieve this requirement.

Solution

Step-1 – Go to IMG > Sales and Distribution > Sales > Sales Document Item > Define Item Category Usage

Step-2 – Create a new “Item Usage” as shown below:-

Step-3 – Assign this Usage in VOV4

Note:-  If needed, you can also have a new item category and assignment can be made here accordingly

Step-4 – Maintain the Usage in VD51 with whom you want to restrict this saleable material

Step-5 – Now try to create sale order for any other customer and see how it works.

12 Comments
Labels in this area