Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeroBieser
Advisor
Advisor
Summing up the year, I think it is very encouraging how many activities from SAP and from partners we have seen in Asset Management for Utilities. A few weeks ago I already presented Industry Cloud solutions from partners in blog 4 of this series. Now I also want to make you aware of our partner branded demos. Videos of these demos are available on the website SAP Partner Solutions for the Utilities Industry, that is part of the SAP Community. Here we see that the number of demos in Asset Management clearly outnumbers the demos in other areas, emphasizing the relevance of Asset Management. I can’t describe all of them but would like to highlight a couple of new ones, that have just been added:

• Taking and analyzing pictures with drones has become a big topic in 2022. EY provides the EY HelEYos solution that enables utilities to use the power of drones, without the need of building capabilities in-house. EY HelEYos is an integrated data management platform that allows energy companies to leverage drones as a service.

• Accenture brings together two topics that are of relevance for the utility industry since many years, geo-spatial data and the support of the field force with mobile solutions. Accenture’s Field Force Enabler helps to manage assets using geographical intelligence, data driven innovation, smart technology and a human centric approach.

• We do see – driven by climate change and wild fire – even more focus on vegetation management in the last years. Infosys provides a solution for Vegetation Management for Utilities making use of computer vision, data science and machine learning to mitigate risks along transmission lines of power utilities.

• And another hot topic of 2022 and the years to come is of course the renewable energy infrastructure. iRenewables by Tech Mahindra simplifies renewable energy infrastructure operations. It goes beyond Asset Management and also includes Billing Management and Sustainability Reporting

You find videos of additional solutions for drones, vegetation management and field force enablement on the website SAP Partner Solutions for the Utilities Industry. And there are of course more videos covering for example Totex Reporting, a template for the Nuclear Industry or Investment Management.

Speaking of partners – the webinars from the SAP Partner Utility Week in November 2022 are publicly available. Some of the solutions I mentioned above are discussed there in more detail, just in case the short videos have raised your interest.

So much for 2022, I wish you a pleasant holiday season

Kind regards

Gero

Asset Management in Utilities – part 6: Are all your Construction Projects on Time and in Budget?

Asset Management in Utilities – part 8: SAP Innovations on the 2023 Roadmap