Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GSsap
Advisor
Advisor
With SAP Business One FP 2208 we launched the Identity and Authentication management (IAM) solution (here's my first blog on this topic). For the first time in the history of SAP Business One, we introduced the option to sign-in to SAP Business One and its core components with an external Identity provider (using OpenID Connect protocol) and directly leveraging from enhanced security features such as 2-Factor-Authentication (2FA).

Following a successful launch of IAM and positive market reaction, with SAP Business One FP 2305 we are taking IAM to the next level. I am excited to share with you the latest highlight making implementation and consumption of IAM in SAP Business One easier now more than ever!

Sign In

• Two-Factor Authentication – introducing 2FA within SAP Business One authentication service

• The localization and version information are visible in the Choose Company window when you log into SAP Business One client, mobile service and IMCC

• Introducing “Change password” option on the login page when you log into SAP Business One with the bound user account

• Supporting Single Logout - the identity provider logs you out of all SAP Business One Web-based pages in the current identity provider login session in the same Web browser

• When you log into SAP Business One client, the company that you log in last time is selected by default in the Choose Company window

• Bind users from SAP Business One Client directly

• Binding step introduced during New Company Creation

• Multiple company user binding - select more than one company when binding an IDP user to a same company user

• Enhanced UX  - when binding an IDP user to a company user code, if the user code is newly defined for all selected companies, the label (New) shows after the user code. The default user code is the IDP user name

User Binding

External IDP Support

Newly Supported IDPs:

• SAP IAS (Beta)

• Okta

• Browser Access Service

• Browser Access Service Process Monitor

• Electronic File Manager: Format Definition (EFM)

• Electronic Document Service (EDS)

• Workflow Service

• SAP Crystal Reports, version for the SAP Business One Application

• DI Server

• SAP Business One Studio Suite

• For more information about components supported by IAM inSAP Business One, see SAP Note 3252125

Newly Supported Components for IAM

Service Layer

• You can log into Service Layer with a Windows domain user account after activating Active Directory Domain Services and binding its users to company users.

Watch the video below (06:46 min) for a demo on latest IAM features introduced with FP 2305

For further reading, be sure to checkout the latest "Identity and Authentication Management" How to Guide, walking you through implementation, usage and troubleshooting steps of IAM in SAP Business One.

Hope this Blog was useful to you as an overview on latest Identification and Authentication Management features introduced with SAP Business One FP 2305. I look forward to hear about your experience from working with IAM in SAP Business One, be sure to leave your feedback in the comments section below.
19 Comments
erickgomez-tech
Participant
Hi Guy!

God news, I'll try it right away.

Best regards,

Erick

GSsap
Advisor
Advisor
Thanks Erick, can always count on you for quality feedback 🙂

Best Regards
Guy
erickgomez-tech
Participant

Master, my respects and best regards.

1) I am already testing the new IDP, I must say that being able to select one or several or all the Databases at the time of making a bind is great, it will save us a lot of time.

2) Accessing the B1 user list is great too, it saves time when making a bind.

3) The manual is not available, something happens that does not allow opening, I tried with two SAP users and nothing.

4) I have already configured SAP IAS and now I just want to try, I would like to see the manual to check if everything is Ok.

Exciting to see these advances with the IdP, congratulations to the whole team for the excellent work Guy.

Best regards,

Erick

GSsap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hola Erick,

Thanks again for the kind feedback, I'll be passing it on to the team behind 🙂

regarding point #3 - can you try to check if you see a version Drop down list in the page as shown in the screen below?

If you don't see a Drop down list, try to check if you are logged on, This should resolve the issue.
alternatively you may also try to call the link in an incognito session or different browser to avoid potential cache issue.

Hope this works.

Best Regards
Guy
GSsap
Advisor
Advisor

Version selection

richardduffy
Active Participant
Hello guy.sujetzki

Any updates on when we will see IAM switched on with the CCC and multi-tenant?

Thanks
GSsap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Hi rduffy_smb_cloud

Thanks for your comment. We're planning to introduce IAM in upcoming B1 Cloud version - PL 20 (currently planned for H1/2024).

BTW - our dependency on Remote Access in order to reach B1 Desktop client on presentation servers dictates a different implementation of IAM in CCC per this use case, compared to the current On Premise solution where the client runs in a local desktop.

Best Regards
Guy

stefan_heber
Discoverer

Hey Guy

are there any changes to IAM in 2308? Unfortunately the only available documentation is still 2208 - over 1 Year old - would be nice if your team can update the Documentation.We are facing some issues with IAM and need to check if its an design problem of IAM or only a Bug in our implementation. (e.g. Best way for indirect Access / technical-User-Login with OCID not working, SSO to FullClient need manual login)

GSsap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi stefan.heber

Thanks for reaching out.
Let me try to answer your questions:

GSsap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

1. IAM how to Guide - please make sure you are logged on to SAP Help in order to get the version DD list of the documention.

GSsap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

GSsap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

2. There is no IAM related enhancement released with SP 2308

GSsap
Advisor
Advisor

3. Please first try checking "Manage Technical Users" section in latest IAM documentation
https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_BUSINESS_ONE_IAM/548d6202b2b6491b824a488cfc447343/a22e86b800794aca934b...

If this does not address your question, I recommend reporting an incident with a reference to this comment + your query so we can follow up accordigly and evaluate needed documentation / feature enhancement / fix.

Kind Regards
Guy

fbio_bilicki
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi all,

I can not convert any database from Brazil to this new version, all conversions have error below

"Err I Tec "UpgStep-Obj Upg ...Failed, error code: -2028"

Rgs

Fabio
erickgomez-tech
Participant
Hi Guy 🙂

The same thing happened to me, it must be a problem in the help deployment, I have tried with two users that work perfectly in any other SAP portal.

Selector is missing

I share the images, for example, we cannot select the version and the link you have shared with us says that we do not have permission to access it.

Access denied

Best regards,

EG
erickgomez-tech
Participant
0 Kudos
Hi Guy 🙂

Maybe you can see:

Selector is missing

Best regards,

EG
stefan_heber
Discoverer
0 Kudos
Same here, there seems to be something wrong with the Rightsmanagment of de Help Portal. Every Other Documentation works fine when logged in.

erickgomez-tech
Participant
erickgomez-tech
Participant