Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maria_silipo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Welcome to the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition 2402 release. Our fully-fledged cloud ERP is the foundation of the intelligent, sustainable enterprise and offers innovation and enhancements beyond measure. But even the most scalable cloud ERP would only be half as efficient without a seamless user experience. Therefore, we keep enhancing our product based on your feedback to offer you a next-level user experience so that you can thrive in today’s work environment. It is my pleasure to show you just how we do that in this release. Spoiler alert: Generative AI is involved. 😉

Check out my video below to get a first glimpse into what’s coming in the area of SAP User Experience in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition 2402:

Horizon Theme

With SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition 2208, we introduced the Horizon visual theme to offer you a fresh and modern SAP Fiori experience and to help you get your job done faster, more intuitively, and with better outcomes. Taking your feedback to heart, we’ve already made continuous improvements to the design in past releases. With this new release, we now implemented even more changes such as:

• White input fields instead of gray,
  • Clearly identifiable buttons,
  • Improved contrast,
  • Reduced header size,
  • And more.

Read more about this in Thomas Reiss’s blog post.

Horizon2402.png

Figure 1: The darker background on the My Home is only one of many design improvements to the Horizon visual theme.

Spaces and Pages

As announced in my previous blog post, the groups setup on the SAP Fiori launchpad is now officially outdated; spaces and pages are the only available layout option as of this release (read more in this note). Switching to spaces and pages has now become crucial to avoid a blank screen on the SAP Fiori launchpad–and note, the "switch" does not happen automatically, but has to be done manually. Read this blog post by Sylvie Charpentier on how to efficiently switch to spaces and pages. We are granting a grace period until June 2024 to all customers who haven’t switched to spaces and pages yet. During this grace period, there’s no guarantee that the group-based content is up to date. At the end of this grace period, SAP will change the settings in development and test systems first, and eventually also in production systems to display spaces and pages as default without the option for administrators and business users to switch back to groups. The administrators of affected customers will be informed about these changes in due time.

With SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition 2402, we ship a new functionality to merge spaces and pages which can be used to e.g., reduce the number of duplicate apps, pages, or spaces for users. This can also be helpful if you want to enrich SAP-delivered spaces or pages with customer-defined content.

Spaces1.png

Figure 2: “Accounts Payable Accountant” and “Accounts Payable Manager” before merging.

03_Spaces.png

Figure 3: View after merging “Accounts Payable Accountant” and “Accounts Payable Manager”.

Find out more in Kattia Jordan-Philipp's blog post.

My Home in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition

Switching to spaces and pages will not only give you a new layout option to structure the access to apps following work processes in an intuitive and efficient way; it also enables you to use the My Home entry page in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition. Users benefit from a personalized interface tailored to their needs, with important to-dos and insights readily accessible. Designed for efficiency across devices, the My Home ensures quick task execution through intuitive app organization. With the 2402 release, we offer an increased level of personalization to make the user experience even more straightforward. This includes:

• The harmonization of blank state,
  • Consistent group creation via drag and drop,
  • A total re-design of the app section,
  • And an increased language support for system news.

For new customers, spaces and pages and My Home are the default and you will benefit from them immediately.

MyHome_2402_PNK_JonesDavidson_QHD_Chrome_150 - device frame.png

Figure 4: Discover the latest enhancements to the My Home in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition 2402. Click on the image to watch the video.

Collaborative ERP

The My Home in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition offers a new collaboration feature with Microsoft Teams. Based on contact information in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition, you can now directly trigger a Microsoft Teams chat or voice/video call and start collaborating.

2402_UX_Collaborative-ERP_Collaborate-based-on-Contact-Cards - device frame.png

Figure 5: The integration between My Home and Microsoft Teams allows you to easily collaborate across apps. Click on the image to watch the video.

And there’s more: Another feature of the collaborative ERP is now generally available! We enable you to share your most relevant business data using cards in Microsoft Teams chats. Through the cards, recipients of the message can directly edit the data in the collaborative stage view in Microsoft Teams embedded in SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition.

2402_UX_Share-as-Card-based-on-Collaborative-Stage-View - device frame.png

Figure 6: Share business data using cards in Microsoft Teams chats and start collaborating. Click the image to watch the video.

SAP Collaboration Manager

With SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition 2302, we introduced the SAP Collaboration Manager. This cloud-based, innovative collaboration feature replaced the human-to-human chat function of the former SAP CoPilot in the three-system landscape and offers a seamlessly integrated collaboration experience directly inside the SAP Fiori launchpad, increasing overall user efficiency. Since then, we’ve been continuously enhancing the SAP Collaboration Manager to offer more capabilities such as creating chats and inviting your co-workers to collaborate without any system switch over, taking screenshots and annotating or highlighting them, and linking your chat to any screen for reference. In this release, we offer even more enhancements:

• Add My Home “Insights” cards,
  • Mark notes and chats as “Read” or “Unread”,
  • Add notes and chats to “Favorites”.

AddInsightCards.png

Figure 7: The “Add Insights Cards” function allows you to provide convenient access to analytical information, lists, graphs, and associated apps.

SAPUI5 Adaptation Projects

As of SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition 2402, developers can work with SAPUI5 Adaptation Projects in SAP Business Application Studio (SAP BAS) to create variants of standard applications. In an adaptation project, you can extend the original code to define changes that fulfill the specific business requirements of different business roles, user groups, organizational units, and countries. For example, you might want to simplify and streamline a specific process by hiding fields not required by casual users, visualizing data as a chart, or changing a responsive table to a grid table to make information easier to process. After deployment, both the original application and your adapted application exist in parallel and can be made available to the relevant users through uniquely name application tiles in SAP Fiori launchpad/My Home.

Read more about this in Elisabeth Riemann's blog post.

SAPUI5.png

Figure 8: You can now create SAPUI5 Adaptation Projects in SAP Business Application Studio to generate app variants. Click the image to watch the video.

Joule for SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition 2402

In my first paragraph of this blog post, I promised to talk about generative AI–so, let’s talk about SAP’s brand-new, natural language genAI copilot, Joule. Joule is a comprehensive solution designed to understand the complexities of your business processes and will completely revolutionize how you interact with the system. It provides transparent, role-based access to relevant processes, making interactions intuitive and seamless. By enabling natural conversations between users and systems, Joule enhances productivity and delivers valuable insights. The three supported conversational patterns are:

• Navigational: Joule helps users find required functionalities within SAP systems,
  • Transactional: Joule assists users in completing tasks,
  • Informational: Joule provides insights based on SAP Help documentation data.

With SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition 2402, Joule is taking off through an Early Adopter Care program and will be available for selected customers for initial testing. Read more about Joule and other AI innovations in this blog post by Syed Talal Hussain.

Jouley.png

Figure 9: SAP’s generative AI copilot Joule revolutionizes how you interact with the system. Click the image to watch the video.

Customer Influence Page

Our top priority has always been ensuring a seamless and straightforward user experience. Reacting to your feedback and requirements is the key to achieving this. The main input channel where we receive your requirements is the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition, User Experience and Cross-Topics customer influence page. To make sure we collect all your requests, we emphasize the importance of the channel and increase the threshold to 10 to get a better focus. We review permanently and stop all improvement requests that are older than 18 months and have not (yet) met the current voting threshold. Based on UX importance, here is a status report of features that were delivered and that are still in process/planning stage:

CustomerInfluence.png

Figure 10: Our customer influence page is the main channel to request requirements.

When I said we are offering next-level user experience with this new release, I wasn’t promising too much. Get more details about the innovations and enhancements mentioned in this blog post and much, much more in Thomas Reiss’s blog post.

Feel free to drop a kudo if you liked this blog post. Don’t hesitate to leave a comment and check out our new community page to ask your questions and engage with the experts. Follow the PSCC_Enablement tag to stay up to date with our latest blog posts. Looking forward to the next release!

Follow us on @SAP and #S4HANA, and myself on LinkedIn and X.

📽️ Watch Our Live Sessions

In January 2024, we hosted a series of 19 compelling live sessions to highlight the exciting innovations shipped with the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition 2402 release. Missed the live sessions? No problem! Take advantage of the entire series or pick and choose the sessions most relevant to you on demand.

🎙️ Inside SAP S/4HANA Cloud

There is no customer success without project success and product success! Leverage the unique knowledge and expertise of SAP S/4HANA Cloud experts, partners, and customers, sharing their SAP S/4HANA Cloud implementation project best practices and lessons learned – anywhere, anytime. In this podcast, we give you all ingredients to get to the next level and make your SAP S/4HANA Cloud project a success. Subscribe now and benefit from the shared knowledge!

💻openSAP Microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA Cloud

Our openSAP microlearnings for SAP S/4HANA Cloud offer an exciting new learning opportunity. What began with a small batch of 20 videos, has now become a channel with more than 50 microlearnings that have generated over 20,000 views. Today, we cover multiple lines of business such as finance, manufacturing, and supply chain management, and key technology topics like Master Data Management, extensibility, SAP User Experience, and upgrade management. We are continuously adding new microlearnings to our channel, so make sure you check them out.

🗣️ Your Voice Matters

You want to learn more and actively engage with SAP subject matter experts on SAP S/4HANA Cloud topics? We have just the right place for you! Join our interactive community where we bring together customers, partners, and SAP experts with a clear mission: To engage with one another about best practices and product solutions. We invite you to explore the ‘one-stop shop’ as the central place for all resources, tools, content questions, answers and to connect with experts who will guide you through your journey to the intelligent, sustainable enterprise.

🔎Find All of Our Assets

SAP S/4HANA Cloud is the foundation of the intelligent, sustainable enterprise and is an innovative, robust, and scalable ERP. We at Cloud ERP Product Success and Cloud Co-Innovation offer a service as versatile as our product itself. Check out the numerous offerings our team has created for you below:

EnablementWheel.png

🎯Where to Find More Information: