Enterprise Resource Planning Blogs by SAP
Get insights and updates about cloud ERP and RISE with SAP, SAP S/4HANA and SAP S/4HANA Cloud, and more enterprise management capabilities with SAP blog posts.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bernhard
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Did you know that customers are by 20% happier when they reach out to SAP Support via Expert Chat?

Did you know that Expert Chat queries are solved nearly 2x faster comparing to written incidents?

Indeed, in the area of Sales and Procure*, an Expert Chat session takes on average just 30 minutes, and more than half of the queries are solved during this first interaction with a Support Expert!
That's due to the fact that in Expert Chat customers interact with the same, highly skilled experts on SAP side as for written incidents - but in Chat with a much shorter turnover, due to the real-time interaction.

(* the Product Family "Sales and Procure" encompasses, amongst others, the areas of S/4 HANA & ECC Sales and Distribution & Logistics Execution, S/4 HANA & ECC Procurement, Supplier Relationship Management, Customer Relationship Management, and Global Trade Services amongst others)

SAP Support Expert Chat

What if?

• What if you shouldn't have to wait for an answer from SAP?
    => Just click on the Expert chat button on the start page of the SAP ONE Support Launchpad (or later on during incident creation) and the tool will connect you to the next available SAP topic expert within seconds. See also our short video guide in KBA 2213344.

• What if you shouldn’t have to create screenshots about the system and give lengthy explanations in written incidents?
    => In Expert Chat, you can initiate screen sharing and show the symptoms live during the session.

• What if your business and support users were happier?
    => Our customers in Sales and Procure are by 20% more satisfied (**) when reaching out to SAP Support via Expert Chat.

(** Proportion of the 5-star feedbacks in Expert Chat for the products in Sales and Procurement, comparing to written incidents YTD 2020).

How can you get out the most from Expert Chat?

Expert Chat is the best choice for discussing a certain system functionality, specific customizing settings, and identified symptoms, where support engineers can utilize their experience, solution- and knowledge base, providing help quickly.

To give you an idea about topics we deal with via Expert Chat in the Sales and Procure, here are some examples (and remember that it´s not meant as a channel for pure "How-To" or consulting issues, but for requests related to errors in SAP standard software & documentation):

Sales and Distribution:

• An error message, dump, or syntax error during a document creation

• Effects of a certain customizing entry

• Field control, setup of mandatory fields (e.g. in the transaction BP)

• Status update of different documents (e.g. in delivery during billing process)

• Questions around Business Partner (creation, determination, synchronization, linking or blocking)

S/4 HANA Procurement

• Understanding the results of reports (e.g. MB51, MB52, MB5B) beyond documentation

• A transaction does or does not allow the deletion or cancellation

• Access control via authorization objects (e.g. for Storage Location in Reservation)

• Output determination issues (e.g. missing or multiple outputs)

• Multiple Invoice posted against single Purchase Order

• Field control in FIORI

Supplier Relationship Management:

• Bidder is not able to submit

• Workflow configuration

• Assistance on MDM upgrade

For more complex questions, a follow up through a written incident is still needed (in the minority of the cases). In these case, the SAP Support engineer collects comprehensive information through the (then often shorter) chat conversation (e.g. detailed steps to recreate the issue, system info including credential and any documentation for upload) and directs the issue to the appropriate expert team - which still in almost all cases saves plenty of communication effort and time for all stakeholders.

What alternatives are available to Expert chat?

If your business requires detailed guidance related to a support issue, in a session with eventually more stakeholders present, you can look for a suitable slot and book a Schedule an Expert session.
In many cases, such a joint session can bring fast progress for an already open incident – see also the video guide in KBA 2705707 - How to use Schedule an Expert for Open Incidents [VIDEO].

For cases which may require to provide a significant amount of details for deeper analysis, even with code check&debugging, still a written incident may remain a good choice (and, after an initial analysis, you can schedule a Schedule an Expert session to discuss further in an interactive, MS Teams based meeting with the Support Expert!).

If you are looking for an update about an existing incident, continue to contact the Customer Interaction Center.

What do we hear from our customers about Expert Chat?

"Very satisfied by the fastest support and resolution"

"The service is excellent for me, I cannot suggest improvements because the service is already excellent."

"SAP support was prompt and carefully took my request. Swift in action, the solution was explained in simple terms. Very happy with experience!"

"My experience is always excellent with Expert Chat I am very satisfied and appreciate the ease in which I can present my incidents"

"This is an amazing service which has literally helped me to expedite on issue resolution. Much appreciated!"

"I really appreciate the way SAP has invented this expert chat option. It is really very quick. Thanks a lot for support!"

"Thank you for having Expert Chat."

Interested in learning more?

Our Product Support Accreditation program guides you through our free real-time channels and digital support offerings, available on SAP ONE Support Launchpad. Or, go to the SAP Product Support overview page.

5 Comments