cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Semantic Tags to combination of GL Account and Func. Area

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor

Hi

We were exploring the feature of Semantic Tags and understand that a Semantic Tag can be assigned to either of the three - FS Item Node, GL Accounts or Functional Area. However, this does not suffice our requirement, which we believe is very basic and genuine. We want to assign semantic tag on the basis of GL Account + Functional Area

Take for example, a travel expense GL Account. Now travel can be done by Sales team or Mfg team.

- If the travel is done by Sales team, the Travel Expense + Func. Area 1 is reported as Sales Overhead and this comes below the Contribution Margin line.

- If the same travel is undertaken by Mfg. team, it is reported as Production Overhead and this comes above the Contribution Margin line in reporting.

This is basic accounting scenario / expectation you will come across in any organization. I am surprised that SAP S/4 HANA software would not provide for this basic requirement.

Am I missing something? With this design of Semantic Tags, I am not sure how much are companies making use of it. Can anyone share their experience?

ferasbasha3 sanil0309 sanil.bhandari owen.liu

katrina_cheng
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have this exact same question... watched a video from SAP on semantic tags where it was mentioned that this IS possible (assignment to semantic tag based on combination of GL account/Functional Area). But I can't see this available in config. Does anyone have an update on this?

hking002
0 Kudos

Do you have any update on this requirement? Were you able to successfully use the combination of GL Account and Func Area with Semantic tags?

sameer_gupte1011
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, were you able to solve this issue of having a combination of GL account + functional area for a semantic tag / FS item?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

we have the same requirement, actually we should choose between one of them during the semantic tag creation. ( GL or FA but never both, I don’t know if there is any enhancement in the last releases).

We found a workaround, we created a COPA CAR with a derivation rule :

Group GL account + FA = Combined GL account

Ex :

Acct (61300000000) + Sales = 613Sales

And we used the combined GL accounts in SAC reporting.

regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

If it's Margin Analysis or Product Profitability, the system can't show value if the flag "Fun.Area Perm." is selected in the FSV setting.

So currently system only support G/L account assignment FSV vs Semantic Tag.