cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an Inspection Lot using a 262 Movement Type

JoshuaBatson
Participant
0 Kudos

Scenario: We goods issue stock onto Plant Maintenance Orders using a 261 Movement Type. For whatever reason in the business this material is no longer needed and they perform a 262 movement using MIGO to reverse/cancel the original 261. They would like to create an inspection lot and inspect the goods before they go back into stock.

Problem: When I perform a MIGO either using

A03 (Cancellation) and R02 (Material Document)

or

A07 (Goods Issue), R08 (Order) and a movement type 262.

I cannot get an inspection lot to be created. I can post the documents without trouble and can see a long list of 262 movement types in MB51 of all of my failed attempts.

Steps taken so far:

1. I have double checked that the inspection lot origin for movement type 262 is 05
  2. I have checked the config in QCC0 -> Quality Inspection -> Inspection Lot Creation -> Maintain Inspection Lot Origins and Assign Inspection Types to ensure the inspection type 05 is listed as variant 01 under inspection lot origin 05
  3. I have gone into OMJJ against movement type 262 and ensured that QM IS ACTIVE. I originally tried unticking what I believed was the necessary movements however this didn't work so I have now unticked ALL of them just to be safe.
  4. I have gone into the material master and added inspection type 05 to any of my test materials and ensured it is active. I have tried a combination of active and preferred - this didn't seem to fix my problem

I have searched these forums for an answer but cannot find anything. I thought it was now appropriate to ask the question. I am at a dead end as to what to try next. If anyone could offer any guidance it would be greatly appreciated. Incase it is required we are using SAP S/4 HANA 1909. Transactions like MBST are no longer available and it all needs to be done through MIGO as per SAP note 2210569

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JoshuaBatson
Participant
0 Kudos

The problem was caused by the process being performed within MIGO. Originally I tried doing an "A03 Cancellation" against the "R02 Material Document" - See below:

This does indeed created a 262 movement however, I have found that when cancelling a document, regardless of what config you have put in place. The material will go back to the exact state it was in before the move occurred. So if it was in unrestricted use, it will go straight back to unrestricted use - as if the movement never happened.

I also tried performing an "A07 Goods Issue" against the "R08 Order" and manually adding a 262 movement. - See below:

This method also never gave us the inspection lot that we required.

After digging through a lot of stuff online I found a user on a forum was talking about performing an "A02 Return Delivery" - the example they were referencing was in relation to removing goods from a delivery and inspecting the before going back into stock - see below:

I then gave it a a go, using the material document number of the 261 movement from one of my materials on the order. Sure enough, I executed MIGO and there was my inspection lot with an 05 Origin and 05 Inspection Type. All of the Config mentioned in my original question is correct and does work. Ultimately I am not sure why the other 261 movements don't work but I have found a solution/method to my problem.

Thanks

Josh

0 Kudos

Hi Josh ,

I am also having same scenario , -- business wants to generate Inspection Lot (05) series on mvt type 262 reveral (Goods issue Reveral) for Process order , i tried all your settings , still no luck .

Any advice where am i going wrong ,

Br

Tallha

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

paul_graylish
Explorer
0 Kudos

Good write up Josh. Nice to see you helping the community by posting the solution to your own problem

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Josh

Instead of posting a 262 movement, you can try to post a 531 and then use inspection type 5 to generate inspection lots. Be aware that might be costing implications of using a different movement type.

Regards,
Caetano

JoshuaBatson
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion Caetano. The 531 movement wouldn't work for us due to the costing implicaitons.