cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-Company Purchasing Organization

marcoantonio_romerosanche
Active Participant

We have been working with one company code, one plant and 3 purchase organizations for long time (we have assigned the Purch Orgs to the Plant and company code in customizing)

Business now is splitting and will be created a new Company Code, a new plant but they want to use one of the existing purchase organization only.

as far I know is not possible to assing a single Purch Org to several company codes but I know we can enable Cross company Purchasing by assigning Purchase Organization to the list of plants belonging to different company code (OX17) and by NOT linking the Purchase Org to any of the Company code (leave it in blank)(OX01).

Also I know when create the PO the company code must be entered now manually…

But I have never seen or do that scenario before, my question for you is:

what implications may cause when remove the Company code in the assignment of the Purchase organization?

what will need to be focus to avoid issue with existing production data?

what will happpend with the existing master data (vendors, info records)?

What are the pros and contras to do this change?

I read and the SAP best practice is also to create a new Purch Organziation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you are creating new company code and new plant- better create a new purchase organization, if all located at different region and location.

As you have three purchase organizations -no need to change any current setting as you have few master data setup with master data and all open transactions. For new organization units set up refer new entity- A rollout project

marcoantonio_romerosanche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Barik,

New Company/Plant are in the same location. As I can see in your link the implication to remove the existing link PurchOrg - CoCo will be the master data related.

Any other implication do you know?

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As in same location, you are creating new company code and new plant- you too can use any one old purchasing organization.