Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom external confirmation categories in SAP ECC

AnkitB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We have a requirement to create 2 custom confirmation categories for a business requirement. These need not be MRP relevant or GR relevant. Will not be sent out but will be required to be updated via custom transaction code.

QUESTION:
a) I will not be able to link them to internal categories which is fine i think since they don't concern MRP or GR. Is my understanding correct?
b) Should I modify existing confirmation control key [they contain AB (Seq1) and LA (Seq2)] like I will add Z1 & Z2 with sequence 3 & 4 or shall I create a new CCK with all 4?

EXTRA INPUT: It is to capture the parameters for KPI, initially buyers will maintain the 2 custom categories manually if it is a success then will make a custom t code to update it and roll it out to other sites.

Regards, Ankit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ankit_012

Ad rephrased b) It depends on what you want to achieve:

1. If you want your new confirmation categories to be available wherever CCK Z001 is used, then modify Z001. Then you don't need to modify the info records.
  2. If you want to introduce the new confirmation categories slowly maybe just for a couple of vendor and/or materials to start with, then create a new CCK Z002, insert it in the chose info records.

Both approaches are correct. They just serve different purposes.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello ankit_012

Ad a) That's correct - you need to define two new external categories and don't link them to internal ones. Just leave the internal categories configuration as delivered by SAP.

Ad b) You need to assign your new categories to an confirmation control key. It might be either SAP standard one, or you can define a brand new key. That's the matter of taste and your company policy towards SAP standard configuration. Either one will work.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

AnkitB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello 3a9e4ce873a94034b33dc62b0ce600ee,

Thank you for the quick tur around. Discussion on point (a) closed.

For b) Sorry, I should have done a better job. Here by existing one I meant the already created CCK like Z001 which is already updated in info records and used in PO(s)/Contracts. Re-phrasing the question now. Should i update the 2 new categories in existing CCK (Z001) or create a new one (Z002)?