cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect SAP Business One Service Layer with SAP Business Application Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to make a SAPUI5 application on top of SAP Business One Service Layer,

i have created a Destination in SAP Cloud Platform (Cloud Foundry Environment), but getting the error : An error of type SSLHandshake occurred during check connection!"

The same configuration works fine for Neo Environment.

Any clues?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately the connection test is not very reliable. Please check out my sample project HTML5UserAPIforCF where I also test the connection to the Business One Service Layer. I would suggest that you install the SAP Cloud Connector. That way you don't have to expose your B1 System directly to the internet. Please follow the instructions for the connection setup in the readme.

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi taseeb17,

It seems that the server certificate required for SCP to trust this connection is missing.

Apparently in Cloud Foundry's Destination admin page you don't have the option to select an imported certificate file for a particular HTTP destination - as there is no "Use Default JDK truststore" option there. Maybe sven.kohlhaas can help us here trying to figure why this is the case for CF.

However, there is a workaround for this situation - which involves importing a destination from a file. You can export the destination you already have, delete it and import the relevant certificate file using the import button.Once it is there you can import the destination back with the following changes:

Type=HTTP
Authentication=BasicAuthentication
WebIDEUsage=odata_xs,odata_gen
Name=HCM
WebIDEEnabled=true
TrustAll=true
URL=https\://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:50001
ProxyType=Internet
User=nnnnnnnnnn
TrustStoreLocation=cert.crt
WebIDESystem=HCM

Since the above has the TrustStoreLocation parameter once you import it,it will give you the option to select the imported certificate.

NOTE: I have noticed you are using port 50000 here, which is not a typical SSL port for any SAP application server. If it is an ABAP system, probably this port should be 50001 or 8001 depending on how ICM was setup. So pay attention to it when you import the destination back on SCP.

Best regards,
Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ivan.mirisola,

I have made a SAPUI5 application on top of SAP Business One Service Layer, how i can deploy it so that users can use the app. I found the option to deploy it to ABAP Repository , but in our case we have SAP Business One Hana, Can you share a guide for deployment. And can we also have features of SAP Fiori Launchpad for SAP Business One.

Thanks ,

Taseeb Saeed

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi taseeb17,

I'm not an expert on B1OH. But if your HANA box is on version 1.0, then you might have Hana XS Classic - which is an application server. If so, then you can run any html5 application on it. Simply connect your HANA Studio (Eclipse) to your HANA Repository and create an application inside a package of your choice. If it doesn't come with Classic installed, then you probably have a HANA box with XSA. If so, then you can deploy any HTML5 application as a NodeJS module - in that case, please use the Web IDE for HANA Development (which should be included as a Web Application deployed onto your HANA Box.

Your best luck on learning those topics would be to go a take a look at the Hana courses on https://open.sap.com/courses

Best regards,
Ivan