Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Network settlement rule issue

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

can you please suggest why system is producing allocation structure error as below while creating settlement rule for network activity we are using network Profile (activity acct. assignm)settlement.jpg

& if we assigned strategy 20 to project profile then new error came as following.,,,,,,,,,,,,,

No settings applicable to strategy 20 found

Message no. ORB503

Diagnosis

The parameters controlling settlement rule generation are defined in the settings for the strategy. The applicable settings are determined using the master data characteristics.
The following master data characteristics were determined for the current object:

• Account assignment: Billing element
  • Change to org.units:

The system could not determine any settings for strategy 20 for this combination of characteristics.

System Response

Object not processed.

Procedure

Add the appropriate entry to the settings for strategy 20.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

however i have fixed earlier issue but now new error came as below.

here i have change allocation structure as well before running settlement but issue yet to not resolve can you suggest some thing on?

Complete allocation structure A1

Message no. KD503

Diagnosis

During settlement, the system puts the sender debits into groups (assignments), which are settled using the same settlement cost element. The settlement assignment is made in the allocation structure, which is stored in the settlement rule for the sender (under settlement parameters).
Cost element 5509000 cannot be assigned to a settlement cost assignment in allocation structure A1, and therefore it cannot be assigned to a settlement cost element.

Procedure

Possible solutions are as follows:

• If the posting under cost element 5509000 was made to the sender because of an incorrect entry, and you can reverse the posting, and do not need to update the allocation structure. You only need to reverse the incorrectly assigned posting before repeating the settlement. Exception: For an investment measure with a line item settlement, you need to extend the allocation structure, even after the reversal.
  • If the posting was made correctly, you can do the following:
    a) You can assign a different allocation structure to the sender: In the master data maintenance for the sender, choose "Settlement rule -> Goto -> Settlement parameters" and then enter a different allocation structure.
    If necessary, also check whether the correct allocation structure is entered in the settlement profile. The allocation structure is defaulted in the settlement profile when you create sender master data or when you maintain the settlement rule.
  • You can update allocation structure A1

Regards,

Sanjeev

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

The Procedure is specified in the long text of the message. Is there anything specific you do not understand?

Thank you,

Paulo

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Maybe try to check the allocation structure that sits on your settlement profiles. Maybe it does not exist exactly as the message is saying.

Regards,

Paulo

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

thanks for your quick response.

i went through your blog and found same setting we have in our system but still that error is coming.

let me explain a bit what happen we performed CJB2 which got fail then i decided to add settlement rule manually which we did and its work for Wbs but for network it won't work while i have made receiver category wbs and put same wbs where activity is sitting. then back during back it say "Enter an existing allocation structure" hence unable to back from settlement rule screen.allocation-structure.jpg

Regards,

Sanjeev

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Please validate what customizing you are missing:

https://blogs.sap.com/2014/12/23/generate-settlement-rules-for-network-activities/

Regards,

Paulo