cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providing material to Subcontract using Shipping

former_member184342
Participant
0 Kudos

The process of the company need to send the material to subcontract and then create the Subcontract Orders, using the Shipping to create the freight costs for those materials.

Studying the documentation I´ve seen ways to do this but with the Subcontract Order created first.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello ,

what will be parent document to create the delivery SHIpping?

there should be a PO for creating delivery .

thanks

kUnal

former_member184342
Participant
0 Kudos

Actually there´s no parent document. They need to send the material to the subcontracting vendor and then will create the Subcontract Order as needed.

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With out subcontracting PO accessing ME2O is possible only if you already transfer posted some goods to the Vendor stock using MB1B with 541 movement. Then, you can create further delivery and able to do PGI. Please check in a testing environment.

former_member184342
Participant
0 Kudos

But to use the ME2O I need to have an SC Order. In this case, they need to send the raw materials to the vendor and later, as needed, they will create the orders. Is needed to have freight costs for the materials sent to the vendor.

kunal_ingale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramires ,

don't you see its weird , why would someone send materials first to vendor and then open a order...there should be some document to send it to vendor physically too.

are you doing it out of system then you can just send the material with 541 to subcontractor, then pay for freight with manual Finance postings.

once the PO is created and freight invoice is created then clear it with the payment you did earlier.

Thanks

kUnal

former_member184342
Participant
0 Kudos

I know that this procedure isn´t the standard way to do it. They mix their production to sale in the house and by subcontracting, so they first send the raw materials using Inventory Management and generate an invoice to follow the materials, but now they want to use the shipping procedure to calculate the freight costs.