cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between S4HANA Cloud (aka Essentials edition ) and RISE with SAP S/4 HANA Cloud

Suma_cg2022
Explorer

Hi Team,

I am looking out for basic difference between S4HANA Cloud (aka Essentials edition the SaaS ) and RISE with SAP S/4 HANA Cloud edition (subscription based ) . As per my understanding the basic code line for SAP S/4 HANA would be same and both are SaaS cloud offerings, the extra's that come with RISE with SAP - like BTP(Cloud platform enterprise aggregate credits), BPI (Discovery report), Business Network starter pack(Ariba very basic version ) .

Can anyone clarify if this understanding is right ? and when should a customer choose S4HC over RISE with SAP Cloud edition ?

Thanks & Regards,

Suma

OwenLiu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

We helped you to accept the answer, since there were no updates after 7 days.

You can unaccept it anytime if you have further questions.

View Entire Topic
sadiktekin
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Suma,

There is no difference interms of S4HC within RISE with S/4HANA Cloud bundle. From S/4HANA Cloud perspective it is the same but within RISE offering we have different products/services bundled. With the announcement of RISE only available SKU are the new ones with RISE bundle. Customers can not order S/4HANA Cloud without RISE bundle.

All above is for Public Cloud. RISe with S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition is a different bundle. S/4HANA product in Private Edition is same as S/4HANA on prem but infrastructure and Managed services are also included in the bundle and some more cloud qualities.

S/4HANA Cloud(Public) is deployed on SAP Data Centers only whereas for Private Cloud we have different options for hyperscalers.

Based on the requirement of the customer (NNN or migration from ECC or industry scope) we decide which one is the best fit for the customer RISE with S/4HANA Cloud or RISE with S/4HANA Cloud, Private Edition.

I hope this clarifies a bit more

Suma_cg2022
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Sadik