cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does someone know the limit of the unlimited?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am an SAP Partner for SAP Business ByDesign and during the last month I have searching for a good answer about the limits of the tool about number of records to handle and number of transactions.

At least in SAP Mexico nobody can answer my question and it is becoming a very frustrating experience, because the publicity says there is no limit about disk space. But let me introduce my sad story.

We began with a prospect who wants to handle 48,000,000 prospects and SAP Mexico told me no, we cannot handle this volume of data.

Then we asked if it was possible to handle 8,000,000 customers (Those are all the history of sales) They again told us no.

Then we asked if it was possible to handle 700,000 customers (Sales for the last two years) and 200,000 magazine deliveries for each month and again the answer we received is no.

Then I asked again my question, what is the limit of the unlimited?

Does someone knows who can answer this question in SAP?

I am really questioning if I made a good decision to devote all my last 12 months to study SAP Business ByDesign and all of a sudden discover all those limitations! I have been working with SAP since 1992 and it has always been a pleasure and a challenge to sell and implement R/3 and "All in One".

I believe SAP Business ByDesign is a great tool but with this situation I have serious doubts where I can sell this ERP!

View Entire Topic
douglaskisinger
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Raul and Torres,

I am afraid I do not have any good news here. You are right, we do not have this information. Some bench marks were done in the area of performance but not in the direction of data limits.

Nevertheless, we are working to see if we can discover some information that might answer some of your questions.

I am sorry I cannot give you a better response at this time. I will contact you as soon as I have more information.

Kind regards,

Douglas Kisinger Thompson

migueltorres
Explorer
0 Kudos

Douglas, thank you very much for your interest. Please let us know when you'll have any news.

Best regards

Miguel Torres

marcosluis_vegamontes
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Doug,

Is there yet an answer/hint/advice?

Kind Regards,

Marcos

Former Member
0 Kudos

We never received info from SAP, that´s why we quit ByDesign and now we are devoted to SAP Business One.

Regards