Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the order-unit of a PR

Sevin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a very peculiar issue we are trying to resolve. Consider this situation:

- Purchase Unit of Measure (PUoM) = CS = 3 EA

- Base unit of measure = EA

- Purchase unit of measure is set to Active

When I create a PR for 1 EA (via a sales order), the source of supply is determined and the order unit is set to CS (as per above). When I create the PO for this PR, it is created for 0.333 CS. But my unit of measure CS does not accept decimal places.

I need to find a way to overwrite the order unit of the PR to be EA instead of CS (since the PUoM is set to Active). The vendor accepts that we purchase in EA instead of CS sometimes.

Any ideas how I can do this ? Which user exit/enhancemnt spot/BADI can be used with the old PR transactions (ME51) instead of the Enjoy transactions (ME51N) ?

Thanks,

Sevin

View Entire Topic
former_member190537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As you mentioned In material Master maintain Alternate unit of measure like

1EA,------1EA

1CS--------3EA

As per std sap Valuation Price and  Base unit of measure copied from Material master , I mean

the PR is always in  the base unit of measure, you cannot change this.but in item detail source tab you can enter a desired order unit

SAP Note 493318 - FAQ: Purchase requisition (ME51N,ME52N, ME53N) Q&A.20

Thanks

mahesh naik

Sevin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't want to change the PR unit. I want to change the Purchase Order ordering unit (field BMEIN) that is on the PR (source of supply screen) from the ordering unit of the PIR to the Base unit of Measure.

Thanks,
Sevin