cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to download the error log for LSMW direct input method

ashwanth_pendyala
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Using LSMW direct method i have uploaded few longtexts ( Po text, basicdata text,inspection text). Where to check the error log after running direct input method ?

My requirement is ...... I have 1 lakh material longtexts to be uploaded ... if suppose 100 fail.. How to check which material long texts are not uploaded.. i.e., How to download the error log . Please suggest me

Screen shot if longtexts are successfully uploaded ( Direct input method )

View Entire Topic
JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your screenshot does not show anything.

How do you know that it failed, I have never seen an upload of long text direct input fail, it always posted. If you miss anywhere a text, then you just did not give the right key, but you can be certain that it was updated in STXH/STXL tables.

OR do you have a number next to the last line "Non-Transferred Long Texts:"

ashwanth_pendyala
Discoverer
0 Kudos

It is showing all long texts are successfully transferred but few of them are not transferred. PFA screenshots.

In the text file i have uploaded text for 3 materials ( with text id BEST), Only first one is correct. The second material number is longer than the 18 characters, If i see STXH and STXL tables it is not uploaded. For the third material number i have passed textid BESTEEE( instead of BEST) , there is no such text id.

My question is why errors are not generated ?.. If errors are generated Where to check the direct input job log file ?....

thanks for your time

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am a 100% sure that these texts made it into your STXH and STXL table.

Maybe the second and third overwrote the first text, depends on your LSMW, but it was certainly loaded

Compare what I already said in my blog: