cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase order cancellation

0 Kudos

Hello,

I understand that there is no option in SAP to delete the purchase orders, rather we mark the line item for deletion. However, when we go to the app: 'Manage purchase orders', the filter option consists of the selection 'deleted'

I request to know what is this 'status' filter used for? The requirement is to filter out the POs which has been marked for deletion but no POs are fetched after applying this filter.

Also even after deletion of the line items, the status of the purchase order remains as 'sent'. Can we change this to cancelled or deleted?

Best regards,

Rishav.

View Entire Topic
AG2020
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Rishav,

Please refer the below KBA:

https://userapps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/en/3055257

Regards

AG

0 Kudos

Hello Ankit,

Thank you for the link to the resource. However, the KBA indicates that the 'deleted' status filters out the PO which has been archived. How does the archiving process works and is it feasible from the user perspective to archive a PO?

Also, if we do not want to archive but continue marking the line items for deletion, how can we filter out those purchase orders?

Regards,

Rishav.

avikjuoss
Participant
0 Kudos

Everything is mentioned in the note itself- Pls re-read it as below.

Reproducing the Issue

1. Mark for deletion all items of a purchase order
  2. Access "Manage purchase orders" fiori app
  3. Filter purchase orders by status "Deleted"
  4. The purchase order with items marked for deletion is shown

Cause

The PO Header status is only changed to 'deleted', if the whole PO is getting the deletion flag.

Resolution

If you set all items of a PO as deleted, this does not result in the PO status to deleted but this field is only updated by the archiving process.

If you need the purchase order to be shown as deleted, you will need to archive the PO.

0 Kudos

Hello Avik,

Thank you for your response. However, the purchase orders whose line items have been marked for deletion doesn't show up in the PO list when filtered by status 'deleted'. In point 4 of 'reproducing the issue', it indicates otherwise. Kindly let me know if I'm missing on something.

Regards,

Rishav.