Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Asset Manager 2110 (MDK 6.X) : Custom Branded client Issue

aelsiar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

We are in the process of creating the branded client for the SAP Asset manager application. As part of that, We are facing the issue while running the create client command.

It's failing while evaluating @nativescript-community/UI-pulltorefresh and we are using the MDKClient SDK version 6.0.6.

It was working yesterday and we started facing this issue from today.

Can you please let me know if anyone face the similar issue while generating the custom client for SAM 2110?

Please find the attached screenshot for your reference.

sam-createclient-error.png

former_member297277
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Anselm,

Based on the error, it appears that your environment is using Java 1.8, while Gradle is looking for Java 11. Can you check your $JAVA_HOME environment variable? Can you verify the version of Java you have installed and which appears first in your $PATH?

Regards,

michaelhaydock
Participant
0 Kudos

I have exactly the same issue with my MDK 6.0.7 build that worked fine 1 month ago. Tried today and get the same error. I also get the same error on a MDK 6.0.9 build. I see that the MDK dependencies tool mandates Java 1.8.x

kakkem
Participant
0 Kudos

I too see that the MDK dependencies tool mandates Java 1.8.x. But as suggested I tried installing Java 11 and tried to create client. Now getting error with ui_material_core

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* Where:

Build file 'E:\HFormsEng\MDKClient_SDK\SAMForms1\platforms\tempPlugin\ui_material_core\build.gradle' line: 108

* What went wrong:

A problem occurred evaluating root project 'ui_material_core'.

> Could not find method compile() for arguments [androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.2.0] on object of type org.gradle.api.internal.artifacts.dsl.dependencies.DefaultDependencyHandler.

* Try:

> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.

> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

> Run with --scan to get full insights.

* Get more help at https://help.gradle.org

BUILD FAILED in 1s

Failed to build plugin @nativescript-community/ui-material-core :

Error: Command gradlew.bat failed with exit code 1

View Entire Topic
Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

We have released a SAP note with a detailed solution to this issue which has caused due to recent unexpected changes in {N} dependencies. Please follow https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/3159124

yyertuganov
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning Jitendra,

I had the same problem yesterday and today trying the SAP Note has resolved and could build my APK in Local machine. Thank you!

Another thing, was trying to generate these APKs from Mobile Cloud Build service and it gives exactly the same error. Do you know if SAP is looking or already has solution for that?

Many thanks,

Yergali

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

yergaliyertuganov

Yes, we are working with the Cloud Build service team to get the right dependencies updated. We will release a patch soon.

yyertuganov
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jitendra!

michaelhaydock
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a strange side effect of moving to {N} 8.2.2: It won't accept an app name that contains a space any more. Have traced it back to a function ensureValidName() in module normalize-package-data

Anyone else have this issue?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

mhaydockvesta

What MDK SDK version you are using?

michaelhaydock
Participant
0 Kudos

6.0.7 and 6.0.9

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

mhaydockvesta I am able to reproduce the issue on my side, i have opened an internal ticket to further investigate it.

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

mhaydockvesta

We found out that NS 8.2.x has AppName space issue. As a workaround, you need to update to Node js 16.14.0

Do the following -

• Install Node js 16.14.0,
  • switch to use this new node js version,
  • install NS 8.2.2 in your Node.js 16.14.0
  • execute create client command

We'll release a SAP note on this issue.