Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Asset Manager apk size limitations for upload to Play Store

gonzalo_reyna
Participant

Hi everyone,

I have noticed the following:

- The current SSAM Client in Play store size is under 100 MB.

- Previous versions of SAM Client (before being SSAM), if I am not wrong, had sizes around 300MB.

We are creating the android .apk for a client that has SAM 2010 and wants to upload the application to the Play Store. The generated .apk via sap sdk is around 300MB. However, there is a max. size limit of 100MB in the Play Store.

Any recomendation of how can we overcome this issue?

Best regards,
Gonzalo.

View Entire Topic
michaelhaydock
Participant

This can be addressed by creating a bundle (AAB file) instead of an APK file. Just add "--aab" onto the end of your "tns build" command. This is Google's preferred app format now.

andreas_gall2
Participant
0 Kudos

But without some tweaks described kucki99 event aab files are too large. In my scenario (SAM 2210) the initial apk file was over 400 MB and the aab file over 190 MB. Googles cap is 100 MB for apk and 150 MB for aab.

michaelhaydock
Participant
0 Kudos

I think the 150MB limit is for the APK generated from the AAB for any one device that downloads the app. The Play Console will calculate this on AAB upload. The AAB you upload can be larger than 150MB. All my SSAM uploads in AAB format are larger than 150MB and I can confirm it works fine.