cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP eRecruitment Personal E-Mail Address

0 Kudos

Hi,

My Client want to start utilizing the Personal E-Mail Address on the Candidate Profile but I am running into an issue, when we try to add an email in we get the following error:

'Errors occurred during call of function module BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE'.

We have also noticed for Internal Employees their email address are showing in the Personal E-Mail Address text box and not the Business E-mail Address box, I have attached a screenshot to show this.

Can anyone please help with the above?

Thanks

Stephen

View Entire Topic
romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen, I checked some of the coding of this feature as well as the history of related KBAs. When the private email for internal candidates was initially introduced, it was quite simple and structured. The business email was stored in the business partner while the new private email address was stored in a new field in IT 5102 (table HRP5102). Over the last years several changes were made to this simple architecture. Now there is an exchange between the infotype and the business partner. The private email address is now also synced to the business partner and the integration from HR to E-Rec processes the subtype 0030 of infotype 0105. It looks like that these changes did not always worked out well.

The business email address appears in the private email address field, if the email stored in the infotype 5102 is the same like the business email in the SAP business partner (see coding in function module HRRCF_MDL_PERS_EMAIL_RETRIEVE). This should usually be not the case if the internal candidate has not maintained any private email address. But in a standalone erec test system which has an active integration to an hr system i found a large number of IT 5102 records for internal candidates in which the IT 5102 field was filled with the business email address. As it is not only one case I assume that there was a time in which a general bug in this whole feature lead to the business email address being copied into the infotype. Could you please check the email addresses in the infotype? If it is really the same as the business email, there might be the need for some data cleanup in the production system. This is usually quite some work and includes a lot of things to keep in mind like the IT 5102 being a status containing infotype which is duplicated to a cluster table.

Also check if the system is on the latest patch. There was also an issue with displaying the business email if it did not have the id 001.

As the commit error from the business partner appears in both systems it is most likely not related to the other issue. Unfortunately it is quite difficult to analyse from the distance. Here my general recommendation would be to put in the latest patches as well as any SAP note you can find (make sure that the system is stack patched as otherwise erec patches and business partner patches can differ and cause such issues). If this does not help you can only either raise an incident with SAP or dubug the application on your own.

Kind regards

Roman

0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

Thanks for looking at this, I have checked our Dev and Production system and it looks like IT5102 is populated with the business email address, just not sure why they appear in different boxes. Do you have the details on the issue with displaying the business email if it did not have the id 001?

I will check with our Basis team regarding the patch level but I will also raise the call with SAP.

Thanks

Stephen