Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serialization Procedure PPSF Vs MMSL

former_member209175
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am working in REM scenario. In OIS2 I have the following two procedures.

1. MMSL

2. PPSF

In order to activate serialization for REM scenario, I have created custom serial number profile called ZF01 & added only the standard procedure PPSF in the serial number profile ZF01.

Do I need to add the standard procedure MMSL also in the serial number profile ZF01 along with PPSF?

Please clarify

Thanks

VigneshV
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi psk.psg

Greetings.

On above questions dont know it is right time to reply / been sorted out.

MMSL will be needed if the production+serial number need to be considered for movements happening within the plant like 311 across locations , 501,541 etc then MMSL will come into play.

PPSF will handle the serial number during MFBF.

Regards,

Vignesh V

View Entire Topic
svs_sap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Did you get the "Error:PPSF procedure not maintained in Serial number profile"? If yes, please check the note 956379 - Error:PPSF procedure not maintained in Serial number profile and try.

If not, please let know the context for which you are asking this question? Did you get specific issue on this?

Please check 655033 - MFBF: Error Message RM001 on Serial Number Profile Check :- "If the profile is present, a further check is made for the procedure. If the procedure PPSF doesn't exist, then error message IS124 is displayed." - this supports your query and try it out. Please share the result

Regards,

Sharat