Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontract Components with Idocs EDI

sanan123
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

For the subcontract PO how we can send Components to the Vendor system (SAP). The Scenario is when we try to send a subcontract PO the components is not sending to vendor system through Idocs (EDI) while the vendor system is also SAP and they will receive this PO as Sales order but we also want the components should appear in Sales Order too.

I checked in SAP Community but not able to find the exact solution for this issue.

Thank you,

Sanan Afridi

HelenaFortun
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Sanan,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Many thanks in advance!

Helena Fortun

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
helena_fortun

This question is over a year old, I'd suggest to post your own question so that you could add more details or context if needed and have a dialog with those who might chose to answer.

My knowledge on this is quite old (2010s) but I doubt SAP expanded IDoc functionality in this area since then. There isn't "components" in sales order in the exact same way as in PO. So you probably need to consider how exactly you need the result to look like. Based on that, you might have to extend the IDoc.

However, this was also the reason why we decided to not use IDocs for a similar interface back then. We implemented this using output and custom RFC function module. But we had the ownership of both SAP systems (subcontractor was another company in the same global organization), so we had more flexibility in implementation.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Ahmadfurqoni68
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

My question why you need this to be in Sales Order ?

In subcontracting you provide the component to the vendor, they will bring back to you as finished goods. This mean the ownership is still on your side, not the vendor. The stock physically maybe in vendor side, but in the accounting not. So why you need this in Sales Order ? What is the next transaction if this on sales order when you do PGI ? I think you will only PGI for the finished goods.