Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version vs many currencies in the Group Reporting

João_FI_FIN-CS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Friends,

Customer wants to use Group Reporting and they have 8 currencies as ARS, USD, COL, EUR, CNY and other but the principle currency is BRL. The holding company is BRL, so we thought in create version:

C10 in the BRL but I guess that we cannot post in many currency including BRL and run currency translation to translate for BRL and post CT in the same version;

Alternative:

Should we create another version as a reference C10 with BRL currency for these consolidation units that don't have BRL currency to CT run and convert for the BRL currency?

We guess it doesn't make sense create two version with the same currency.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Regards.

View Entire Topic
Arleigh
Advisor
Advisor

So lets not get hung up on the Version Labels. Whether it's Y10 ro XX10.

#1 - you have to have at least 1 Version in Gr defined. AS part of that you define the GROUP Currency (whateever that may be).

#2 - you integrate all the different ERP's with all the different Local Currencies into Group Reporting. You can do the Universal Journal Integration to S/4HANA OR you can use GR Data Collections to integrate OR you can do the file upload or even use the API's.

But the main thing is ALL those different currencies from All those different ERP's come into Group Reporting and are stored as LC's Local Currencies (no limit) to how many.

When you run the Data monitor it will convert all those Local Currencies to the Defined Group Currency and calculate your Currency Translation Adjustments CTA's (if you have currency conversion setup correctly). The Local currencies DO NOT go away. They are still stored in ACODCU and you can still report on them. But now the Group Currency is available via it's own separate Dimension.

If you need MULTIPLE Group Currencies then the easiest way to do this is to create Extension versions (if your version of S/4HAAN and Group Reporting has this feature). But if you have 100 different local currencies you only need 1 Consolidated Group Currency for your reporting you only need 1 version in Group Reporting.

I will not comment further as I have no idea why your copying to multiple versions..