Human Capital Management Blogs by Members
Gain valuable knowledge and tips on SAP SuccessFactors HCM suite and human capital management market from member blog posts. Share your insights with a post of your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prakashkumarill
Explorer
In this blog series, I will cover the integration of Qualtrics survey in SuccessFactors applications. In this blog-Part 1, I will cover on how to embed Qualtrics survey in SF recruiting application submission page. In the future blogs, I will cover on integrating Qualtrics survey in SF performance forms and how to send employee data to Qualtrics.

I know we all have been waiting for this integration for quite a long time and its finally here. Employee/Candidate experience is on the top of the list for key company strategic initiatives but if we don’t measure it, we don’t know how it is being perceived by the stakeholders. I know many companies do collect these feedbacks via email but you can now integrate the surveys directly into the application via these standard delivered integration. Users can now provide feedback directly after they complete the transaction and you can collect feedback and insights so you can plan on improving their experience. Let’s jump right into step by step configuration and how you can quickly deploy to production. I will divide the configuration steps to be performed in both SF & Qualtrics systems clearly so it will be easy to follow (Paying it forward – SCN community)

SuccessFactors Configuration:

Enable Qualtrics feature in Provisioning:

Enable Qualtrics experience in Admin Center(Upgrade Center):

Wait for few hours ( Literally – Not kidding!) after this step, otherwise you have to spend countless troubleshooting and let your gray/white hair grow more like I did ?.

Setup permissions:

1. Assign permission category in Configure Object Definitions:

1. Assign permission to view Qualtrics integration (Manage Permission Roles):

Qualtrics Configuration:

Create website and App Feedback project:

Create a creative (pop over):

Create an intercept and embed your survey:

Do test your intercepts and the survey before you embed in SF applications.

SuccessFactors Configuration:

Embed Qualtrics survey via Manage Qualtrics Integration:

In this blog, we will embed the survey in the recruiting application page, the survey will appear right after the candidate click the apply button. Enter the Intercept ID and the intercept URL from the Qualtrics website and app feedback project.

Fun Stuff:

Now that we have configured the integration, lets take this config for a test ride. BTW, what you see in this blog is a sample survey question and you can create your own questions in Qualtrics.

Search for a job posting and click the apply button:

Qualtrics survey will appear as below:

Job Application Survey:

I hope you all can implement this new feature and improve our end users experience. Please share your comments and feedback. Thanks!
14 Comments
leandrobarradas
Participant
0 Kudos
Really nice! Well done! Thanks for sharing this amazing news!
JesperSAndersen
Explorer
0 Kudos

If you run a RBP and MDF refresh after running the upgrade, then you don’t need to wait so long ?

prakashkumarill
Explorer
0 Kudos
Thanks Jesper but the issue is with the step before you run the upgrade as the MDF object will appear after you enable the setting in provisioning and it is mentioned in the official integration document as well. BTW RBP refresh job is running in the instance.
JesperSAndersen
Explorer
0 Kudos
Well, I can only say that it worked without any additional waiting for me. I often run the RBP refresh after adding new elements to an instance, like forms &goal plans to make them appear in RBP setup. And for things that add MDF's it should run the MDF refresh, but I have just seen many times that it is faster to run it yourself.

Thanks for a good post anyway 🙂
0 Kudos

Hi, 

In SAP Help Portal,
After setting "Configure Object Definitions"
It says to proceed with the upgrade at the Upgrade center.
However, the above description states that the "QualtronicsProjectAndSiteData" object will only be activated in Configure Object Definitions after upgrading from the Upgrade Center.

Which order is correct?

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Great job Prakash!
0 Kudos
Thanks Prakash.. for the crisp input   ....
sshirole
Newcomer
0 Kudos
Hello Prakash - followed the instructions above, test intercepts passed. ID & URL updated manage qualtric integration. However, after applying survey doesn't popup. Any input on what could be the issue? thanks
Manjista_2018
Contributor
0 Kudos
Hi Prakash,

Is this kind of an integration possible with any of the SF demo instance and Qualtrics Sandbox instance, do we need licences to be procured as partners for this kind of an integration?

Please advise.

Kind Regards,

Manjista
shikhabhatnag
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Well Written. Thanks for documentation.

Good work. Keep it up.

Thanks,

Shikha
Anju_Shweta
Explorer
0 Kudos
Great Job....!!!
rosalopezandra
Participant
0 Kudos
Hello,

Thank you so much for the guide!

I would like to know where I can find in Provisioning the option 'Enable Qualtrics Feature'. I didn't find it in Company Settings section.

Kind regards,

Rosa.
visu2015
Contributor
0 Kudos
How can we get Qualtrics Demo instance for SAP partner?
BalajiNudurupat
Contributor
0 Kudos
Thank you Prakash for the blog.

I have a clarification. How is the participant list on a survey gets updated if the survey is mapped to the integration between SF EC and Qualtrics? Will the participant list get updated as soon as we enter the transaction on Job Information or do we need to manually update the participant list?

Please clarify.

Kind Regards,

Balaji
Labels in this area