cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2H 2023 Release - Home Page Banner Update

CharlotteC
Participant

I noticed after the release was implemented in preview that the banner image is now rounded. As a result, there is white space around our image and space around the white space 'so to speak'. I have attached an example with our image blurred for reference. I see in the What's New Viewer some UI updates this release but didn't find anything specific to the banner. Maybe I overlooked this info. Can SAP confirm if this is intentional? I don't see that the image dimensions changed. If I try to upload/edit a new version of the photo to fill the space it doesn't work. Home Page Banner Image.png

Kevin_Jones
Participant
The header also seems to unnecessarily take up a LOT more screen real estate.
faresabbes
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
This seems to be a bug please consider to raise a support case.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

faresabbes
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The larger banner image and rounded corners is expected however the large empty space when the banner image is disabled is being investigated as a defect. Communication will be centralized via kba 3392769 - [2H 2023] - Banner image on the Home Page is showing larger after release - SAP for Me 

You may want to watch the KBA

Kevin_Jones
Participant
0 Kudos
Thanks for the clarification, especially when the banner is disabled. I still don't understand the motivation in sizing up the banner in general though. The banner is dead space and pushes relevant items (Quick Actions, actual cards that users need to act on) lower on the page. Really confusing design decision to highlight this wholly non-functional element.
Ethan_Dai
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @faresabbes, and is this expected? Now the banner is more an island and is surrounded by the background colour.... Thanks

Ethan_Dai_0-1698286186400.png

ammobhachu
Explorer
0 Kudos
Agree with the comments re the decision behind increasing the size. Its a lovely feature to have a company specific image, but it doesnt need to take centre stage. any chance of it returning to its original size?
troybarnett-CEE
Associate
Associate
0 Kudos
This is a problem for my customer also. The dead space in the banner caused unnecessary scrolling.