cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding item completition without sending survey?

guidoklinger
Participant

Hi,

we created items for our classes and all users who attended the classes have to fill out a mandatory survey.

Otherwise they will get no certificate. So far ok.

If we add completed items to users, who had completed courses in the past before we had SFL, get automatically the survey notification when we finish adding the item. This makes no sense. We have to delete the survey at the person that the person gets the status "completed".

How can we prevent the survey and survey-notification from being triggered when post-tracking participation in items?
Deleting the survey at the item is no option, because the item is still uses for upcoming classes where we need the survey.

Regards Guido

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisMayAtDelta
Active Participant

Maybe try setting up an atlernate item that does not have the survey attached and making it a substitute to the item with the survey? I'm not sure if marking the substitute complete will trigger the survey, but it's worth a try.

guidoklinger
Participant

Hi Chris,

I tried what you said, but then the user has two entries in the learning history. One for the original item and one for the substitute item. It's not that what we want.

Regards Guido

dorahealey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guidoklinger ,

just wanted to report back. We have now added a new completion status to mark only completions for substitutions.If you set that up, then it is possible to decide if you want the substitution to send out the related surveys of the original item or not. So in your case, the learning history would till show two completion entries, however one would say "completed" the other "substitute completed", and the "substitute completed" would not trigger the survey, if you set it up like that.

Maybe this helps.

If I can be of any other support feel free to reach out.

best regards, Dora

2023-08-16-09-04-37-learning-administration.png

guidoklinger
Participant

Hi Dora,

thanks for your comment. We will try it.

Regards Guido

dorahealey
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guidoklinger ,

Were you able to solve the problem? i have a similar issue with the substitution, just not with the survey, but with the completion report. (Learners have 2 comoletion entries when substitutes are in place).

Best regards,

Dora

guidoklinger
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dora,

sorry, I have no solution.

Regards Guido