Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Field from Object Position to Succession Org Chart

RishabhGupta198
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I hope that you are doing well. 
I need your expertise to enable custom field of Object-Position to Succession Org Chart.
All 15 custom fields have been used in Employee Profile. Kindly assist on how to map custom field from Position to Succession Org Chart.

Thanks and Regards,
Rishabh Gupta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

beibei
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for your question. 

If customer has enabled the MDF position-based nomination method. Customer can define the Metadata Framework (MDF) position object to suit their succession planning needs. Guide can be checked:

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_SUCCESSFACTORS_SUCCESSION_AND_DEVELOPMENT/55e0a1102eda4d83a5638a352600...

1. Go to Admin Center -> Tools -> Configure Object Definitions.
  2. In the first search box, select Object Definition and in the second box, type Position.
  3. From the resulting list, choose the Position object.
    The position object definition is displayed, divided into the multiple sections. In the field section, it can meet your needs. 
    • Fields: Contains all the delivered and custom fields that display for the position (based on visibility settings)
    • 4. Go to Admin Center   Tools   Configure Object Definitions.
    • In the first search box, select Object Definition and in the second box, type Position.
    • From the resulting list, choose the Position object.
      The position object definition is displayed, divided into the following sections:
      • Fields: Contains all the delivered and custom fields that display for the position (based on visibility settings)

BR,Beibei 

Sam_Passman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Does this KBA article help you ?

https://me.sap.com/notes/2821091/E

RishabhGupta198
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sam,
RishabhGupta198
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hi Sam, Thanks for your response. This KBA guides on synching UDF fields to Position. We want to map custom field from Position object to Succession Module and all 15 custom fields of EP have already been used. Kindly assist for this scenario, if it is possible to meet this requirement.