cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are companies achieving the target HR Manager in Onboarding and Offboarding?

0 Kudos

How are companies achieving the target HR Manager in Onboarding and Offboarding? Dynamic groups are not possible to find the right HR Manager to complete the task. We are a global company with at least 14 different HR Managers around the world who are only responsible for their target group. We have found a solution for onboarding with RBP however this does not work for task assignment or offboarding. How is this possible for some modules but not thought of for others in SuccessFactors.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

KristenCannard
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sure - the below example sets the responsible group for New Hire Data Review to HRUSBEVERAGE where the new hire's Job Information Country = United States and Sector = Beverage.

You can really use any rule criteria that makes sense for your organization but it is advisable to try to keep it as simple as possible so you do not have impossible long-term maintenance of the groups or rules to deal with as your organization changes over time.

Choose the Rule Scenario: Assign a responsible group to review New Hire data or Employee data.

KristenCannard
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jacquelyn -

This has been a concern for every client I have implemented with Onboarding 2.0. It seems to be very common for HR Representatives to be involved in Onboarding in place of or in parallel to the future employee's manager. For global organizations, it would be ideal to have more flexibility in assignment of the HR Representative to the Onboarding process.

There are several enhancement ideas on the SAP Influence portal that I have been tracking and encouraging clients to vote and comment on such as this one here: Improvement Request Details - Customer Influence (sap.com)

As an interim solution, I have worked with clients to create Responsible Groups in Onboarding based on a variety of dynamic options such as Regions, Countries, Job Sectors, Job Levels, Departments, Legal Entities, etc. Then we can set a business rule to assign the correct Responsible Group for the Onboardee based on the appropriate dynamic options.

For the New Hire Tasks we have had to just leave them as optional so either the Manager or HR Representative can complete them as they are not assigned to a specific user or role.

Not ideal solutions but hopefully helps to give an idea of what we have done for some other clients. I am following this post and hoping some other clients or consultants have come up with other great solution options!

Thank you,

Kristen

0 Kudos

Can you give me an example of the business rule that you used?