cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create workflows to send email notifications only (when there is no approval required)

DRP07
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Team, 

I'm having a question. My requirement is to send/trigger email notifications for documents when due to expire -N days. 

I'm aware of creating a WF for this, however, when I read the CC Role type definition from SAP, it says, CC Role users get an email notification only when WF is completed, but in my case there is no approval there. How is completion determined here?

Additionally, the fields in CC Role (Relationship to Approver), I'm unable to comprehend what this is for? (As there is no approver for my WF). 

I need to send email to employee himself, his manager when document due to expire. Can somebody help me understand this concepts please? I'm comfortable in creating email notifications (use standard or create custom)

Please help. 

Regards - DRP07

SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central Service Center SAP SuccessFactors HXM Core SAP Workflow Management, business rules capability  @brandontoombseic  @lukemarson @nageshpolu @sandbisw 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The workflow is immediately approved upon being raised and the approver is the person who creates the workflow request (i.e. the person that made the changes to the data that is subject of the workflow).

You can also use Alerts & Notifications functionality to achieve this. That is a best practice to consider.