Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to trigger ONB only for External Candidates in ONB2.0

sagarcgoyal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working for a client who wants to use ONB2.0 Exclusively for External candidates and use RCM->MPH->EC for Internal hires. Is it possible to to trigger ONB exclusively for External candidates?

Please note that a requisition can be posted both internally and externally. Hence I cannot use Onboarding Integration Setup to exclude ONB trigger from there

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Angela_Romano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

yes. You need to manage a flag in Job Requisition "Send to onboarding?" with value yes/no. And default it with business rule with yes. Then in integration settings between Recruiting and Onboarding, you can filter by this flag. When candidate is external, the Recruiter will be able to initiate onboarding from an Hirable step in the pipeline.

Then if candidate is internal, the Recruiter need to change the flag in Job Req from yes to no. And only after move the candidate in ready to hire.

The cons is that most of the customer use one job requisition for internal and external. So the activity described before should be done any time we have an internal candidate

sagarcgoyal
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Angela,

Thanks a lot for getting back to me.

Doesn't really work well from end user perspective. However, if this is the only way, then I would present the solution to Client

Regards,

Sagar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KristenCannard
Active Participant

Hi @sagargoyal1992

We had this requirement from a client also. They did not want to implement Internal Transfers from RCM to Onboarding (Crossboarding), they only wanted to have New Hires or Rehires from RCM go into Onboarding.

For our solution we set up the Initiate Onboarding business rule to only initiate Onboarding if it was a New Hire so Internal Transfers went straight to EC and New Hires went to the Onboarding process flow.

We set up a field in the Offer Approval Template that would default to Internal Transfer or New Hire based on the application isInternal field which made it easy for the client users because the decision was in the business rule to default to Internal Transfer if the applicant they were processing through the Offer was Internal and New Hire if the applicant they were processing through the Offer Approval was and External applicant.

I hope that helps...let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,

Kristen

llee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi hrzadmin ,

Thank you so much for sharing your solution! This was very helpful! Did you also have to configure Onboarding Integration Setup and use the field you created in the offer approval template as filter for this to work?

Appreciate your insight!