cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with calculating the counts for active Global Assignment (GA) employees in the Story report

SAPSF6
Active Participant
0 Kudos
Spoiler

Hi People Analytics Story Report Experts,

We are currently encountering an issue with calculating the counts for active Global Assignment (GA) employees in the Story report. The problem arises particularly when dealing with the Current Date field in the calculation process. Could you please advise on how we can rectify this error

Code:

IF(ISNULL([Employment#Global Assignment Details#Actual End Date] ) ,"Active" ,IF([Employment#Global Assignment Details#Actual End Date] >=CURRENTDATE(),"Active" ,"Terminated" ) )

LissieDomingo03
Explorer
0 Kudos
The IFISNULL formula is not working. There is a blog post here (I forgot the link) where a workaround was introduced. Instead of ISIFNULL, do a CONCAT.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

LissieDomingo03
Explorer
0 Kudos

The IFNULL is not working, you'll keep getting an error. There is a blog post here (I forgot the link) where a workaround was suggested. Instead of using IFNULL, do a CONCAT. 

CONCAT ([Employment#Global Assignment Details#Actual End Date], "!")

Any cell that returns only "!" is null/blank. You might need to convert the date string to a text though because the second parameter ("!") is read as a text and the first is read as a date.

LissieDomingo03
Explorer
0 Kudos
But also, why not use Home/Host Designation as filter.
LissieDomingo03
Explorer
0 Kudos
However, I would pull active Global Assignments by Home/Host Designation = Host, Employee Status = Active